HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dilemma of the Asian player.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 17 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostFalkin, on August 16 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hello my fellow Hawkeneers!
But... But.... That's my line.... ;~;

But in all seriousness, the main issue Hawken is having is the small player count. If Hawken had more players from your region, I'm sure the devs would definitely be able to support your region better. Still, even in the core regions of Europe and East US, the player count is still fairly low. Unless we get more people playing, there's not gonna be many options of players for you to face, and less likely that there will be players from your region.
Oh Hobbes! I am so very sorry...
I was completely under the influence of your videos on youtube.
Firstly, I want to thank you on this open forum for taking out hours and hours of your time to help newbies like me.
Never once have I purchased a mech prior watching your "How to Hawken <Mechname>" videos.
God bless you for the wonderful work done.
And kindly do not sue me (sue me_ doesn't that sound like an Asian femme name___! :P) for having used your line! That was completely under your subconsious influence! :D
Secondly, very experienced players here have recommended that I use the Rocketeer / Bruiser for the simple reason being that they lock onto targets at 0 ping.
I am sure that is golden advice for people like me having 300-350 plus ping.
What say_
~ Falk.

#22 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:13 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 18 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

View PostEM1O, on August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:33 AM, said:

Rocketeer helps with high ping_ The hellfire and seekers are any good_ Are you saying so because of the 'lock on target' function_
A little more guidance would be really helpful.
Thanks again. :-)
More or less. Your line-of-sight fired weapons will travel where you shoot them, however a high ping becomes critical: a 250 millisecond delay means you just shot at where your target was 250ms ago, and it will hit 250ms after you fire. bad.
Lockon weps are targeted by the system at its "home", or Zero ping, no delay. You still have the visual &amp; reaction time, but the server will track the target directly. Bruiser will work for this, as well as contact detonated weps such as RevGL or Infil/Gren/VanG bouncy balls, and EOC mines.
:)
Thank you for the guidance EM10!
That's really valuable information for me.
No wonder my TOW rockets are mere fireworks! :P
I think now I get the point! ATM, i feel, I mustn't complain about the high ping but learn to find a way out.
Bruiser has hellfire and SMG I guess.
Let me check it out.
Thanks again for the tip EM10! :)
I suggest that you start using the bruiser as well, it will help you practice with hitscan weapon otherwise you will end up like me( no hitscan, too much leading of weapons :( ). Can't use anything other than eoc, revgl and all secondaries. I'm having a hard time practicing with the brawler.
I will I will !!!
And 12K! Here I come to buy that bruiser! ;) :P

#23 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:17 AM

View Postmmm_yep, on August 18 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on August 17 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yeah, I had a chance to play on the Singapore server, I can imagine what matchmaking must be like for you guys. There was like, 5 servers total and not a whole lot of people playing.

If you do decide to play in NA, get friendly with the rocketeer, is what I'm saying.
Amidatelion!
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Rocketeer helps with high ping_ The hellfire and seekers are any good_ Are you saying so because of the 'lock on target' function_
The Rocketeer is the only mech with two homing type weapons so it is more forgiving to players with a high ping because you can mostly let the weapons do the aiming for you.

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

What are TS servers_
TS = Team Speak
It's free to download/install the client on your computer. You use the TS client to connect to any TS server.
Here is me lying...
"Oh of course I knew that!" :P
thank you for the help :)

#24 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:35 AM

I've sent you a request on hawken accept it and message your fb Id to me. Send a request to babeh and acedgun

#25 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:36 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 18 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

View PostEM1O, on August 18 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

More or less. Your line-of-sight fired weapons will travel where you shoot them, however a high ping becomes critical: a 250 millisecond delay means you just shot at where your target was 250ms ago, and it will hit 250ms after you fire. bad.
Lockon weps are targeted by the system at its "home", or Zero ping, no delay. You still have the visual &amp; reaction time, but the server will track the target directly. Bruiser will work for this, as well as contact detonated weps such as RevGL or Infil/Gren/VanG bouncy balls, and EOC mines.
Thank you for the guidance EM10!
That's really valuable information for me.
No wonder my TOW rockets are mere fireworks! :P
I think now I get the point! ATM, i feel, I mustn't complain about the high ping but learn to find a way out.
Bruiser has hellfire and SMG I guess.
Let me check it out.
Thanks again for the tip EM10! :)
I suggest that you start using the bruiser as well, it will help you practice with hitscan weapon otherwise you will end up like me( no hitscan, too much leading of weapons :( ). Can't use anything other than eoc, revgl and all secondaries. I'm having a hard time practicing with the brawler.
To tell you the truth, just between the two of us ;)
My predator's primary was like paper planes. My TOW was like fireworks. And my G2 Assault was good only when in a passionate embrace wid the enemy! :P And that too; with a 350ms delay!
Oh yes my brother. I will try the rocketeer and the bruiser as well...  :)

#26 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:40 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 18 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

I've sent you a request on hawken accept it and message your fb Id to me. Send a request to babeh and acedgun
Oh!
Thank you!
I shall be in a position to accept your Hawken request after 24 hours.
My FB ID is "Falkin Sherwood" (The profile picture of a guy with a goatie in his early forties! Shhhhhhhh. That's me!)
Anyone on this forum is most welcome to send me a friendship request :)

#27 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 18 2014 - 09:48 AM

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

But in all seriousness, the main issue Hawken is having is the small player count. If Hawken had more players from your region, I'm sure the devs would definitely be able to support your region better. Still, even in the core regions of Europe and East US, the player count is still fairly low. Unless we get more people playing, there's not gonna be many options of players for you to face, and less likely that there will be players from your region.
Firstly, I want to thank you on this open forum for taking out hours and hours of your time to help newbies like me.
Never once have I purchased a mech prior watching your "How to Hawken <Mechname>" videos.
And kindly do not sue me (sue me_ doesn't that sound like an Asian femme name___! :P) for having used your line! That was completely under your subconsious influence! :D
Secondly, very experienced players here have recommended that I use the Rocketeer / Bruiser for the simple reason being that they lock onto targets at 0 ping.
What say_
~ Falk.
Lol, don't worry. No lawsuits from me. And yeah, if you have high ping, the rocketeer and bruiser should help with that due to their lock-on function. That or maybe technician since you can mainly focus on healing people rather than shooting someone else.

Also, on a side note. I heard somewhere that most people in India tend to speak English more so than your native language of Hindi, or at least they attempted to speak more English than Hindi. I was just wondering if that's true or not.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, August 18 2014 - 10:04 AM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#28 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted August 18 2014 - 10:36 AM

I guess I can somewhat feel your pain. I live in Alaska so ping isn't great but my town is only about 1k miles from Seattle so it's not as bad as some but then again Alaska has some kick ass internet providers believe it or not. Biggie is any more than two other people using the internet my power level (ping) is over 900. only benefit is it makes me feel like a wizard with teleporting... and being dead powers.

#29 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted August 18 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostFlifang, on August 18 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

it makes me feel like a wizard with teleporting... and being dead powers.

This made me smile broadly... "being dead powers" are legit!

Oh, before I forget... welcome to HAWKEN, Falkin!
Posted Image

#30 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 18 2014 - 07:28 PM

wow. did i say that_
Welcome aboard the Hawken!
Good Advice: to get a feel for your mech, and for combat with random teammates with AI bots fighting you with an avg of your team's MMR, consider Co-op TDM. I camp out there, for good vibes Hawken helps, just like i do here in the Forums Introductions area.
There was an old USNavy instruction lesson called "Care and Feeding of the New Recruit", essentially how to mold a new sailor into being a good person, good contribution to the ship, and a good sailor overall, when he was closer to his High School Prom than he was to his Navy release day.
Some of the info in it applies here. Help and go "over-board" with giving you guys info will make this a tight ship and game to Reckon

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#31 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 11:07 PM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 18 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

View PostFalkin, on August 18 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

What say_
~ Falk.
Lol, don't worry. No lawsuits from me. And yeah, if you have high ping, the rocketeer and bruiser should help with that due to their lock-on function. That or maybe technician since you can mainly focus on healing people rather than shooting someone else.

Also, on a side note. I heard somewhere that most people in India tend to speak English more so than your native language of Hindi, or at least they attempted to speak more English than Hindi. I was just wondering if that's true or not.

Hobbes!
Thanks for the advice. Am test driving the rocketeer as well as the bruiser. Somehow, I feel better with the bruiser. Although, technically, with 350 plus ping, the Rocketeer should yield better results. I somehow got the eerie feeling that the 'Seeker' did not exactly do much seeking. Or was it my royal ping interfering_ Idk!
Coming to your side note, we are a country with hundreds of languages; literally. The culture is very very diverse. We have people who are Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Muslims, Buddhists and the list goes on...
I personally speak two or three languages apart from English. Children from major cities study in schools that have English as their main language. (i.e., the language of teaching). And yes, mostly, (in my family) we speak in English. Our spellings follow orthodox British English. (like colour as opposed to color, honour as opposed to honor et cetera.)
Hindi. Yes, thats the main language that most people in the country would understand. :)
Any more questions_ Just shoot! :)

#32 Falkin

Falkin

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostSamEureka, on August 18 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostSamEureka, on August 18 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Thank you for the welcome!
You guys are awesome! :D

#33 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 19 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostSoldierHobbes11, on August 18 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

A bit of both,  it depends on how the person is raised. For example:- I grew up in an English speaking family(even though my mother tongue is Marathi) so my Hindi is very bad and I prefer English. But most of the people grow up speaking Hindi and other languages(Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Bengali etc.) they always prefer speaking in Hindi. Some of my friends can't even watch English movies without subtitles, they say that the actors speak too fast. So basically it depends on how the person is raised.
Back on topic, I notice that even after shooting the seeker(at high ping) you can't move the crosshairs away from the target, otherwise they won't really seek anything.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 19 2014 - 02:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users