HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Location exploit in Wreckage

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Neraste

Neraste

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted August 19 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hello Hawken team

During a TDM match, I have seen a mech walking over the roof of the Wreckage main building. I have 2 elements to prove it.

First, there was a strange detection on my radar : an enemy mech was supposed to be above me, but I couldn't see it. It was also walking freely over the walls. It wasn't a false detection caused by a radar scrambler, because this detection was a single one. I have made a screenshot where the mech should be, but actually wasn't:
Attached File  bug_location_exploit_wreckage_radar.jpg   76.39K   74 downloads

Second, I have clearly seen a mech jumping over the main building's roof, at Sentium side entrance. It walked all the roof up to get out of my view. Since it was really brief, I couldn't take a screenshot; but I came at the same location in explore mode and took a shot of the place. I have added the path followed by the mech, as I remember:
Attached File  bug_location_exploit_wreckage_path.jpg   94.8K   81 downloads

I have also tried in explore mode to jump and get access to this roof, but I couldn't (I'm not good at this)...

Server: uk-i-tdm-2001
Date and time: 08/20/2014 01:03 AM (GMT+2)
Game version: 1.5.3.142579

Well, I have myself nothing against exploring a little, but this roof walk is a dramatic shortcut if exploited, as well as a dramatic shooting position... Sorry if this exploit has already been reported, I have crawled the bug forum up to May 2014 without finding something corresponding.

According to game chat, I may have the roof walking mech's pilot name, since someone on his team noticed a pilot behaving weirdly (or cheaty). I can reveal it to devs if they ask me for it.

#2 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:31 PM

For your first complaint, it could be a radar scrambler, if not, it's probably a bug/glitch or (just throwing it out here) a hacker

#3 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:56 PM

This is a form of glitching, which is indeed not allowed.

Unfortunately, the only thing that you proved was a possible bug, not necessarily the person abusing the map.

I think you should have sent a support ticket instead of revealing the details here.

However, call me skeptical, but I can't help but notice the fact that you automatically assume the mech was higher above the ground, rather than grounded. I find it a bit curious that you took a screenshot that obstructs the view IF a mech was actually down on the ground. The fact that I can't see your allies either means that the screenshot was taken in a way to prevent any mech from being seen, unless in the air. I also know that that corner is a great hiding place for stationary mechs, or for healing.

If your intentions are good, then forgive me.

Edited by Draigun, August 19 2014 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#4 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:04 PM

Take a look at this video.  It shows someone getting out of the map in Wreckage.

#5 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:44 PM

View PostDraigun, on August 19 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the only thing that you proved was a possible bug, not necessarily the person abusing the map.

I think you should have sent a support ticket instead of revealing the details here.

However, call me skeptical, but I can't help but notice the fact that you automatically assume the mech was higher above the ground, rather than grounded. I find it a bit curious that you took a screenshot that obstructs the view IF a mech was actually down on the ground. The fact that I can't see your allies either means that the screenshot was taken in a way to prevent any mech from being seen, unless in the air. I also know that that corner is a great hiding place for stationary mechs, or for healing.

If your intentions are good, then forgive me.

Not a glitch at all. It's very easy to get up above and out of the map and has been well known for a long time. In fact, one of the recent community challenges was specifically to record yourself climbing to the highest point of the map, which can be achieved from various points.

Posted Image

#6 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted August 19 2014 - 10:26 PM

The point is: no one uses it, and it provides unrestricted clearance to the map, in addition to protection.

Edited by Draigun, August 19 2014 - 10:27 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#7 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:32 PM

I saw some map exploits on the Front Line too. Freaking rocketier. Absolutely didn't see that ninja comming.
You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#8 hawkenus

hawkenus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 20 2014 - 02:21 AM

It's a know bug and glitch on Wreckage, the same as FrontLine due to explorations events.
It's not a hack or cheat
Posted Image
so wet e-puzzy, y jelly_...

#9 Neraste

Neraste

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted August 20 2014 - 05:16 AM

Thank you for your answers, all.

View PostInfyrno, on August 19 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

For your first complaint, it could be a radar scrambler, if not, it's probably a bug/glitch or (just throwing it out here) a hacker

Since the red spot is all alone, it doesn't look like the effect of a radar scrambler. But yeah, at first, I thought it was a bug with the radar. (Then, I went to step 2...)

Well, I assume the mech was above me because in the radar, you can see an upward yellow chevron above the red dot (sorry if the picture is too small), and moreover, I was standing on a horizontal ground. But you're right on being skeptic, Draigun! When I first look at my shot, I said to myself: "damn, I did so great I can't even see my fellow mech, neither its name, despite standing just in front of me... And the capture is so dark, I'm not sure anyone can recognize where it has been shot." To be honest, at that very moment, I was more thinking about a radar bug. So yes, this is a bad one... But when you're in game, I think it is not easy to pause yourself and get a nice shot of a problem (and in my case, it's often like this: "oh, a weird stuff right here, quick, what's the screenshot key_ F4_ F8_ No.. F5_ No, that's the event log, close it... Damn, and those guys firing at me... F9, it works! But oh, it's gone now..."); I am sure you understand this. By the way, I have to admit, if you glance at the score, you could say "man, 28-9, he wasn't in a critical situation at all," and you'd be right.

View Postnokari, on August 19 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

In fact, one of the recent community challenges was specifically to record yourself climbing to the highest point of the map, which can be achieved from various points.

I knew there was a community event like this for the Bazar map, but not for Wreckage (or Front Line, neither). This explains a lot, thanks for pointing this out, nokari and hawkenus!

So, what should I do_ It seems devs are aware of this map exploit, so there is nothing to open a ticket about. On the other hand, if acrobatic players can take advantage of it in game, I would say this is not fair.

#10 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:09 AM

Me confused. What from what I've seen, it's very much allowed.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#11 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:21 AM

There is a mode for exploring maps.

Exploring should not be done in any game mode where there are players playing for a Win.

#12 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:47 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on August 20 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Exploring Exploiting should not be done in any game mode where there are players playing for a Win.

Fixed it, for that's what this is. And whilst you people play to win and live unhappy and continuously disappointing lives, I will continue to smile and laugh while I get my ass kicked as much as I smile and laugh maniacally when I run through the burning wreckages of the enemy team.

#13 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostIronClamp, on August 20 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

View PostBurnsHot, on August 20 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Exploring Exploiting should not be done in any game mode where there are players playing for a Win.

Fixed it, for that's what this is. And whilst you people play to win and live unhappy and continuously disappointing lives, I will continue to smile and laugh while I get my ass kicked as much as I smile and laugh maniacally when I run through the burning wreckages of the enemy team.

Stay stupid my Trolls...

#14 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on August 19 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Take a look at this video.  It shows someone getting out of the map in Wreckage.

I'm going to go do this now lol

#15 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 21 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 20 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

View PostBurnsHot, on August 19 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'm going to go do this now lol

Just be sure you do it in explore map mode...
Signing on the dotted line

#16 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 02:37 PM

Why is everyone against this exploit_ If your losing, damn it, use this thing!

#17 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 21 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Why is everyone against this exploit_ If your losing, damn it, use this thing!

Stay stupid my Trolls...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users