HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to download manifest

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FlakkPanther

FlakkPanther

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:07 PM

=
Unable to download manifest.

bump.

Going to reinstall...

Edited by FlakkPanther, October 26 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#2 CoolOverride

CoolOverride

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:11 PM

Same here, tried multiple times.

#3 Vassili

Vassili

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:15 PM

idem, yesterday too

#4 PhoenixGI

PhoenixGI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:27 PM

Did the re-install work_ was it even necessary_

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 29 2012 - 07:25 PM

"Unable to retrieve manifest" means that the Hawken end of things is having problems. Think of this as being like a "Connection timed out" error. Try again a bit later.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 BlackSmith

BlackSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:34 PM

i have the same problem right now.. i hope it is only a little error like you said

#7 WaRRioR420

WaRRioR420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:45 PM

didnt the beta just close_

The event will now end on October 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

Edited by WaRRioR420, October 30 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#8 BlackSmith

BlackSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 03:27 AM

i took it previusly but this morning when i start the launcher i clicked on verify and from there to now the launcher give me problems

#9 TruSm0ke

TruSm0ke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:07 AM

I'm also getting this error. As of today, I tried logging into my account and received the "Unable to download manifest" message after typing in my login credentials.

If the closed beta really ended on Oct 30th @ 11:59pm PST then thats a huge bummer... I hardly had any time to even test out the game! When did this closed beta even begin_ Like a few days ago_ How is that of any real substantial time to test a game out_

#10 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:11 AM

Game went through a prolonged alpha test and then it went through a 4 day closed beta.. Now it will either go into another closed beta or into open beta.

Lack of play time has nothing to do with hawken but what the user can put into it.

#11 Maladad

Maladad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 08:23 AM

So now we need to wait until it announce either it go to another closed beta or wait until 12.12.12 for open beta...is it correct_

#12 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 31 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostTruSm0ke, on October 31 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm also getting this error. As of today, I tried logging into my account and received the "Unable to download manifest" message after typing in my login credentials.

If the closed beta really ended on Oct 30th @ 11:59pm PST then thats a huge bummer... I hardly had any time to even test out the game! When did this closed beta even begin_ Like a few days ago_ How is that of any real substantial time to test a game out_
The first Closed Beta test period has ended. There will be more test periods between now and Open Beta on 12.12.12, confirmed repeatedly by devs.

The idea is, the devs work on a bunch of stuff without interruption. Once they're at a point where it needs to be tested, they run up a test session, usually over the course of a weekend to ensure the most participants. During the test, if they're smart, the devs are collecting tons and tons of data from every aspect of the game that players will experience. Feedback, bug reports, and even just watching how the players react to things, all of this is invaluable to the dev team.

Then, they shut the servers down and get busy taking everything they learned from the test event and dumping it into improving the game. Not having the servers up while this is going on means that they can entirely focus on their own plans, and they don't have to worry about needing to respond on a continual basis to players having trouble as the servers break again or whatever. Once they've crammed all those changes in, or more likely, the deadline's approaching and they need to test what they've got, another test starts up and the cycle begins again.

Repeat until the open launch deadline.

View PostJuiceBox, on October 31 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

Game went through a prolonged alpha test and then it went through a 4 day closed beta.. Now it will either go into another closed beta or into open beta.
Open Beta is on 12.12.12. There will be more CB tests, confirmed by the devs. No mention of when, yet.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users