HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I need a video editing software

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm currently working on a heat cannon guide and I need a solid video editing software to help me arrange some in-game footage. Does anyone know of any they can recommend_ I'd prefer it to be freeware but I don't mind dishing out a few bucks If i have too.

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:29 PM

I recommend pinnacle studio 17. There should be a free version, and it should do the job for you.

Edit; If you like I can do the editing for you.
Edit2; If you ain't pretty familiar with media cheeze, use movie maker 2012. It's the easiest to use.

Edited by EliteShooter, August 30 2014 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:37 PM

as far as free options go, I've heard good things about Lightworks but it's got a very steep learning curve and doesn't have a lot of the features of higher-end software. I use mpeg streamclip primarily for conversion but it has some very rudimentary editing options for throwing clips together if that's what you're looking for. if you're looking for some more serious editing software (as in $$$) you can get the adobe creative cloud subscription (includes nearly all adobe products, namely Premiere and After Effects) for 30 bucks a month, avid's Media Composer is also available on a subscription plan for $50 a month, and apple's Final Cut Pro X is $299 and lasts forever (unlike adobe/avid's cloud subscription plan) - and for what it's worth those four programs I named are explicit are go-to industry standards for non-linear video editing.
Posted Image

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:47 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on August 30 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

as far as free options go, I've heard good things about Lightworks but it's got a very steep learning curve and doesn't have a lot of the features of higher-end software. I use mpeg streamclip primarily for conversion but it has some very rudimentary editing options for throwing clips together if that's what you're looking for. if you're looking for some more serious editing software (as in $$$) you can get the adobe creative cloud subscription (includes nearly all adobe products, namely Premiere and After Effects) for 30 bucks a month, avid's Media Composer is also available on a subscription plan for $50 a month, and apple's Final Cut Pro X is $299 and lasts forever (unlike adobe/avid's cloud subscription plan) - and for what it's worth those four programs I named are explicit are go-to industry standards for non-linear video editing.

He just wants to edit clips for a guide, and that's why I recommended that software; too easy to trim clips, too easy to add sound and edit it there, too easy to add title and transitions, too easy to export, and it's a very fast process with pinnacle, and the quality is always 100%.

I used After effects and premiere for years and, they aren't suitable. Also not worth the money as he probably doesn't do media stuff quite often, because, the request tell that, at least to me ;)

Posted Image

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted August 30 2014 - 01:50 PM

Any of the consumer level Sony Vegas softwares are solid. Like this one or rather any of them, all the way back to 10.  Get 12 or 11, both are below $50 USD, pretty good considering features + price, IMO.  I use Sony Vegas 10 myself, pretty old, but it works for my purposes.

Edited by Silverfire, August 30 2014 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#6 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted August 30 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 30 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

He just wants to edit clips for a guide, and that's why I recommended that software; too easy to trim clips, too easy to add sound and edit it there, too easy to add title and transitions, too easy to export, and it's a very fast process with pinnacle, and the quality is always 100%.

I used After effects and premiere for years and, they aren't suitable. Also not worth the money as he probably doesn't do media stuff quite often, because, the request tell that, at least to me ;)

...so if you know exactly what the OP needs/is doing why is this a whole forum post instead of a private message conversation_
Posted Image

#7 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted August 30 2014 - 03:06 PM

yep, pinnacle studio is the best

Edited by RozerMahbub_, August 30 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#8 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 03:48 PM

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll give pinnacle a shot

#9 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 31 2014 - 12:44 AM

just googled win movie maker, hey might be basic probably but gotta have great performance since its inhouse
i don't mean any of it

#10 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted August 31 2014 - 04:57 AM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 31 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

just googled win movie maker, hey might be basic probably but gotta have great performance since its inhouse

You'd think that but Windows Movie Maker is a prime example of how true that isn't. Save after every action because it will crash.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#11 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 31 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostFantus_Longhorn, on August 31 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

You'd think that but Windows Movie Maker is a prime example of how true that isn't. Save after every action because it will crash.

oh yes all applications with heavy weight loads such as 3d modeling the works crash its unstoppable
i don't mean any of it

#12 XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted September 01 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostMechFighter5e3bf9, on August 31 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

View PostFantus_Longhorn, on August 31 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

oh yes all applications with heavy weight loads such as 3d modeling the works crash its unstoppable

I was using Windows Movie Maker back in 2004 to finish a project for my digital media class back in high school - we weren't suppose to work on our projects outside of class, but I did anyways - Not only did it take forever to adjust clips, but saving was essential to every change made in the project. WMM probably crashed at least 50 times in the process of making a music video     : P

Edited by XPloyt, September 01 2014 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users