HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New channel, want to give Hawken some exposure... Feedback_

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:41 PM

I'm just starting out with my channel, and I'm interested in playing Hawken and giving it some exposure. Here is my first video, mainly aimed at those who don't already play. I just talk about the game and try (and mostly fail D:)  to add some humor in there. If you would like to help me out with a like that would be appreciated. If you would like to see more Hawken, feel free to subscribe, or if you just have feedback that's very welcomed as well!
http://youtu.be/SyBXFLny-pg

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 07 2014 - 03:02 PM

Haha, nice!

These are the joys of a low level server.

Though your movement is a bit slow and jerky. Are you playing with a controller_

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 07 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted September 07 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hey, nice video but yeah, I remember way back when... Lots of fun! Glad you enjoy the game ;)
Posted Image

#4 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 03:30 PM

@twentyfirstpilot No haha. I'm using mouse and kb. Maybe I'm just a twitchy player. I will make an extra effort to be faster and smoother in my next video  ;P thanks for the feedback.

Edited by metallygod, September 07 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#5 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 03:32 PM

View Postmetallygod, on September 07 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

No haha. I'm using mouse and kb. Maybe I'm just a twitchy player. I will make an extra effort to be faster and smoother in my next video  ;P thanks for the feedback.

Make sure to adjust your sensitivity settings as well. Hawken's default sensitivity is way too high for most players.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#6 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 07 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

No haha. I'm using mouse and kb. Maybe I'm just a twitchy player. I will make an extra effort to be faster and smoother in my next video  ;P thanks for the feedback.

Make sure to adjust your sensitivity settings as well. Hawken's default sensitivity is way too high for most players.

You know what, that's probably it. I never adjusted my settings, and on top of that I have a high dpi setting on my mouse. Thank you so much for pointing that out.  No wonder I  have trouble sniping.

Edited by metallygod, September 07 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#7 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:08 PM

View Postmetallygod, on September 07 2014 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 07 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

You know what, that's probably it. I never adjusted my settings, and on top of that I have a high dpi setting on my mouse. Thank you so much for pointing that out.  No wonder I  have trouble sniping.

Yeah, that would do it. For the record, I play at 1600 DPI, 4 sen., on a 1080p monitor. With those settings, I don't even notice that there's a turning cap.

As well, using the Sharpshooter/Reaper's zoom ability doesn't lower your mouse sensitivity accordingly. For that reason, you might want to dial down your DPI while scoped. However, I don't main snips, so take any tips I offer on it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Also, @callouts don't work in this forum. You have to quote someone if you want to give them a notification-- though that is a setting that can be disabled.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 07 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#8 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 07 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yeah, that would do it. For the record, I play at 1600 DPI, 4 sen., on a 1080p monitor. With those settings, I don't even notice that there's a turning cap.

As well, using the Sharpshooter/Reaper's zoom ability doesn't lower your mouse sensitivity accordingly. For that reason, you might want to dial down your DPI while scoped. However, I don't main snips, so take any tips I offer on it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Also, @callouts don't work in this forum. You have to quote someone if you want to give them a notification-- though that is a setting that can be disabled.

I can't thank you enough. That should be an immense help.

And yeah, I'm on mobile so I  didn't see the quote button at first.

Edited by metallygod, September 07 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#9 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:40 PM

View Postmetallygod, on September 07 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 07 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

I can't thank you enough. That should be an immense help.

And yeah, I'm on mobile so I  didn't see the quote button at first.

Alright, no worries.

Make sure to check out a few of these guides. They'll be helpful, especially since you bought quite a few mechs.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 07 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#10 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted September 07 2014 - 08:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#11 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:02 AM

I like it. Surely not the words most people hear from me. May be you should just gather a party of guys and have some random fun. I would like to see intertaining videos about Hawken.
You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#12 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:25 AM

View PostI2DI, on September 08 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

I like it. Surely not the words most people hear from me. May be you should just gather a party of guys and have some random fun. I would like to see intertaining videos about Hawken.

Thanks, that's really encouraging! :)
I will be be making another, this time to give the game a proper intro, before getting into some more gameplay commentary.

#13 metallygod

metallygod

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 10 2014 - 10:44 PM

Hey if anyone is interested, I've made another.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users