HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech Concept - Ambush (aka G-2 Predator)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 08 2014 - 03:59 PM

After extensive development and research into Sentium's IEMR Deflection technology (more famously know as Haze), and expounding on it's own camouflage technology, Prosk has developed a new axe: the Ambush. The Ambush, much like it's predecessor the Infiltrator, it has the ability to turn invisible, and not unlike it's prey, the Predator, it's camouflage is indefinite. But unlike the Predator, it cannot see the thermal signatures of an axe, in fact it's peripheral systems (HUD, weapons, items, etc.) shut down when it is not in motion, a feature used to conserve energy in the battlefield.

To simplify things
- The Ambush's ability, Shadow, is officially know as Static Camo, and for those of you who don't know what that is (you didn't play Halo), Static Camo only works well when you're sitting still, and it begins to break down (even if it still active) the faster you move.
- The Ambush is a dual wield axe, carrying twin XT-32's (A large T-32 Bolt typically found on G-2 Raiders)
- It is the first C-class stealth axe, which makes it both formidable and vulnerable.

That's all I have for now (I know it's half-baked), but please feel free to talk about!

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#2 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted September 08 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'd rather have a mix between the heat cannon and the Tech Prestige weapon for the primary (one click does burst fire and holding the button down makes it charge up like the HEAT cannon) and a modified RevGL launcher that shoots projectiles that turn into multiple EOC mines. :D  Other than that, I love the idea of a stealthy C class.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, September 08 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#3 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 08 2014 - 07:57 PM

How would this mech be anything more than a suicidal deathtrap_ The ability idea is cool (though pretty crippling), and it might work well with the C frame and dual Bolts.

I can see some awesome scenarios where this mech could be used to wreak an entire team, but creating those scenarios would be very difficult. It would certainly have to heavily rely on its team-- and in that, it would be quite the opposite of the Predator.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 08 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#4 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 09 2014 - 02:40 PM

I actually see this idea as more geared for TDM, where teams are the most reliable, where as Seige and MA would be less than advantageous, where you move to definite locations instead of waiting for wounded mechs to stray to you.

An unfortunate feature is that this promotes camping, seeing as the Shadow ability works best while stationary.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users