HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

More Heat Pool on Heavies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shade_of_Light

Shade_of_Light

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hevies already have disadvantages about turning speed,dodging etc. but also their overheat time is alot longer than other classes especially compared to the light mechs.I think they need an increased heat pool so they can fire their gun longer.

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:51 AM

Actually heavies are crazy good.. unless some patch has hit that I am unaware of.

#3 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:52 AM

dat giant healthpool doe

#4 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:56 AM

View PostShade_of_Light, on September 12 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Hevies already have disadvantages about turning speed,dodging etc. but also their overheat time is alot longer than other classes especially compared to the light mechs.I think they need an increased heat pool so they can fire their gun longer.

C-class mechs turn just as fast as A-class mechs.

The average overheat time of A-class mechs is 4.7 seconds, while the avg. overheat time of C-class mechs is 4.71 seconds. The difference is so small you can't notice it. If you are talking about a specific C-class mech, like the Brawler, it's not a C-class specific thing, it's a feature of that specific mech.

You should use your bigger armor pool as a C-class correctly and pick your shots, not firing willy nilly. You overheat less and kill more as a result.

#5 Bunnykillkill

Bunnykillkill

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCaerbannog

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:56 AM

Noooo, no more heat reduction for you mister..

"What if i lived in a world where all c-classes was spamming like inci_"

I'd probably jump off something in protest...

#6 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted September 12 2014 - 04:59 AM

View PostKopra, on September 12 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

The average overheat time of A-class mechs is 4.7 seconds, while the avg. overheat time of C-class mechs is 4.71 seconds. The difference is so small you can't notice it. If you are talking about a specific C-class mech, like the Brawler, it's not a C-class specific thing, it's a feature of that specific mech.

You should use your bigger armor pool as a C-class correctly and pick your shots, not firing willy nilly. You overheat less and kill more as a result.
where are you getting all these stats_  :)(including previous posts)

- lok'tar ogar -

#7 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 12 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostKer4u, on September 12 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

View PostKopra, on September 12 2014 - 04:56 AM, said:

where are you getting all these stats_  :)(including previous posts)

Ingame observations along with Salty Stats. It's a good tool but not perfect, there are many things that do not match in that spreadsheet and ingame (especially things like spread, those you have to verify yourself).

https://docs.google....#gid=1540514088

#8 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted September 12 2014 - 08:43 AM

Yeah pretty sure a larger heat pool on C classes would be wildly OP...
Signing on the dotted line

#9 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 12 2014 - 09:42 AM

You shouldn't be letting your axe ever hit the heat cap, it's always faster to wait for the 3 second auto cooldown.  You get one or two less shots, but not only is the delay less your arms don't go down until you can shoot again.

When your heat gets high, start backing off, try to hide or get into cover, or just boost/dodge around as fast as you can and try to make yourself hard to hit.

#10 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 12 2014 - 12:19 PM

Wait... Other mechs have heat besides Incinerator_ I thought they patched that out already...

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users