HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bought a new headset, left and right channels are reversed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 17 2014 - 10:58 AM

So yea, title explains it. They're plugged in the right way, didn't find a way to reinvert it from windows, or the realtek control panel.

Please, any idea on a software that can reverse them_

Posted Image

#2 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 17 2014 - 11:02 AM

Are you using the front panel_ Swap the connectors coming from the front panel to the mobo.

edit: also,

Q1) Is the channel swap problem only with the headset_
Q2) It could be a driver issue. Have you updated your soundcard drivers and/or did the headset come with any software_
Q3) Have you just put the headset on the wrong way_ :D

Edited by Kopra, September 17 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 17 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostKopra, on September 17 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Q1) Is the channel swap problem only with the headset_
Q2) It could be a driver issue. Have you updated your soundcard drivers and/or did the headset come with any software_
Q3) Have you just put the headset on the wrong way_ :D

- Other headsets are fine.
- Drivers are updated.
- Are you fuzzy bunny kidding me dude_

Posted Image

#4 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 17 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on September 17 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Maybe you have your ears on backwards_  :blink:

You've said other headsets are fine, so its not the audio feed coming out of the computer so anyways, its most likely a defective headset, if its a wired type the wire could of easily been soldered on in reverse by a new employee or one that wasn't paying attention.  I had a assembly line job like that once, and you just go into auto pilot mode and your brain thinks of all kinds of different things and you don't even realize what your arms are doing, they just work themselves.

I guess if you can take/send it back, and find out if other one of the same type experiences the same issue, if it does then its just a bad design, I'm pretty sure nobody would make a headset with the channels reversed on purpose.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#5 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 17 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostSS396, on September 17 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

You've said other headsets are fine, so its not the audio feed coming out of the computer so anyways, its most likely a defective headset, if its a wired type the wire could of easily been soldered on in reverse by a new employee or one that wasn't paying attention.  I had a assembly line job like that once, and you just go into auto pilot mode and your brain thinks of all kinds of different things and you don't even realize what your arms are doing, they just work themselves.

I guess if you can take/send it back, and find out if other one of the same type experiences the same issue, if it does then its just a bad design, I'm pretty sure nobody would make a headset with the channels reversed on purpose.

I approve this message.

#6 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 02:46 PM

Turn your headset around ;)

What type_

Edited by Zycon, September 17 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#7 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 17 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 17 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

View PostSS396, on September 17 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

I approve this message.

Yeah, sounds like a wiring issue. Depending on the company though, they might not ship to Tunisia and a lot of stores don't take back opened merchandise.

#8 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted September 17 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on September 17 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yeah, sounds like a wiring issue. Depending on the company though, they might not ship to Tunisia and a lot of stores don't take back opened merchandise.

Well, theres a difference between opened merchandise and defective merchandise, clearly he can prove it to some manager at that store that the left channel isn't going to the speaker marked the left.  Even if the store doesn't take care of the problem like they should, the company that made the product should.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#9 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 17 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostSS396, on September 17 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on September 17 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Well, theres a difference between opened merchandise and defective merchandise, clearly he can prove it to some manager at that store that the left channel isn't going to the speaker marked the left.  Even if the store doesn't take care of the problem like they should, the company that made the product should.

You're absolutely right, and depending on the store they might accept that. Or just say its policy and not care.

It's retail, man. I'd cut out the middleman and try the company first, that'll only cost an e-mail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users