HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Test Arenas in all Servers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:01 AM

I have a heck of a time playing inside the fight club on US-Central servers and I really love the basic setup of the test arena and everything in it. Except the lag of course.

One time when I was on the AU server, I met one of the Australian players who I had met a long time ago when Hawken was first released to Steam. Anyways, the player had left when the servers went down and I didn't see them again until yesterday. By this time, I've become far better at the game, and I knew more about the game. Anyways, the person was not in my MMR range, being a relatively new player, and I thought that it wouldn't be fair to go against them in DM. So I told them about another map/test arena where "all the vets train". My purpose was to help them out, instead I didn't know what to teach and began asking questions like "it's cool isn't it_" and going over the design of the place - the whole "try shoot me in the spectator area" to the "shoot me in the arena".

Anyways, they thought it was awesome - an awesome idea and everything, and they said that they liked how there was no textures. Except the problem was that it was only on US-Central. And the lag because of it. I asked if they wanted to see this in the AU servers and they said yes. Then I told them that I'd try and make a topic about it to see what everyone else thinks. So here it is - abeit late.

I don't know the conditions and stuff regarding that private server, but I think having one in every server would be a great idea to help newer players in a place where they can learn and duel and vets who can do the same. With JeffMagnum's Offical Fight People from the Forums Thread (found here: https://community.pl...-forums-thread/), it further enforces this. People who do not live around the America region are put at a massive disadvantage and therefor I fear that would put off some players from participating. I'm not saying to hold all matches in Europe or something, but 7/8 in one, and 7/8 in another.

So what do you guys think_

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, September 29 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#2 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:14 AM

I mean, of course, more stuff for more people=good. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing with this, it's just, an unfortunate side effect of being a small game that this is unlikely to happen any time soon.
Posted Image

#3 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:21 AM

i don't know if your request will be granted.
I've been known to make my own test arena of sorts.
Add the lower mmr player to a party,
Join a DM server in a seldomly populated region, (that still has decent ping)
TaDa! Makeshift test arena.
it's always been wankershim

#4 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:57 AM

They should als o allow us to start a co op tdm in Asia South servers

1 user(s) are reading this topic