HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

I realize it's just a post about the soundtrack, but...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flying_Toilet

Flying_Toilet

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...950325564338176

I hope that this means that we might hear something, soon. The last update to deal with Hawken was almost a month ago, stating that he couldn't provide an update about Hawken.

#2 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:07 PM

Oh my gosh, "The Crion Incident" is amazing. :o I want to by this entire soundtrack but the price seems a bit much for 18 soundtracks - some of which are only a few seconds long. It doesn't matter, I'd likely get it anyways. :lol:

It makes you wonder when they are going to use some of these soundtracks. Un-used soundtracks = game not gonna die soon (possibly_).

I find it very confusing that the devs did not choose to add a campaign-like mode to this game - the soundtracks (that can be found here: http://papersound.ba...om/album/hawken) remind me of a narrative-driven game, invoking emotions inside people that makes them connect to the characters. "The Crion Incident" and "Graphene" are two examples of this. Judging from the playerbase here and how many there still are, this is not a game that you can toss into the wind and forget about it. We need some characters to connect to so we can love this game more. :D Because I believe this game has a massive potential to become as much narrative-driven as arena-shooter.

Listen to the two soundtracks that I mentioned before and then tell me if you agree/disagree. :)

Edit: And "H".

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, September 29 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#3 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:24 PM

the hawken soundtrack has been available for a little while now. I wouldnt read into this too much
Posted Image

#4 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted September 29 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on September 29 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

the hawken soundtrack has been available for a little while now. I wouldnt read into this too much

Yep. The thread announcing it in the News and Announcements forums was posted in April.

It's a cool soundtrack, for sure, but a clue to renewed dev activity it is not.

#5 eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationEast

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:01 PM

I don't think the album is on Steam music, but I don't own it separately. :\

https://twitter.com/...946517970960384
[My MMR]
[Who is streaming HAWKEN right now_]