HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New US East servers Bad pings

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sorry if this has already been talked about but I could not find a thread about it.  Since the servers were added back to US East my ping has gotten very bad.  Where my pings on the "x" servers were around 40, now they are over100-130.  My internet provider is Verizon FIOS.  I know that there has been some problems with Verizon in the past.  Just wondering if others are seeing the same issues with the same internet provider or another one.  I have also see some rubber banding as well.  The servers don't seem to be that smooth.  I hope it is only me.  But I wanted to say something just in case that it could let the devs knows.

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 29 2014 - 06:37 PM

Even if my ping does settle down I've been having a hard time getting my shots to connect + the issues you mentioned.
I'm hardwired with top shelf ;D Belden Cat6 Cable on Xfinity 105mbps.
Wish I had FIOS here. Heres speedtest from FL to NY. (isn't that where the servers are_)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cornshuckerprime, September 29 2014 - 06:50 PM.

it's always been wankershim

#3 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 06:45 PM

No issues with ping, but I have severe teleporting bouts just about every single match on any server at this point.
Posted Image

#4 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 29 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 29 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

No issues with ping, but I have severe teleporting bouts just about every single match on any server at this point.

Now that you mention it, my ping was fine tonight. This last week though it would spike over 100 and then back to the 40s.
Maybe its being worked on_ Maybe its an ISP problem_ Who knows.
it's always been wankershim

#5 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:46 PM

There will be times where I have 20 ping, and other times where I have 90 ping. Depending on how the server is feeling :/... And it will sometimes change between maps too...
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#6 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:16 PM

ThirdEye and I were having issues tonight on Central MA servers where the hitscan shots weren't registering at all for about 1-2 seconds, In one fight I did kill my opponent with a T-32 Bolt only after firing a few shots that didn't seem to register, a couple seconds later he went down but I was not firing. This happened several times to each of us so we are not imagining it.

edit- Our pings our stable. My own was at 40 steady.

Edited by LoC_TR, September 29 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#7 XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:13 PM

View PostLoC_TR, on September 29 2014 - 10:16 PM, said:

ThirdEye and I were having issues tonight on Central MA servers where the hitscan shots weren't registering at all for about 1-2 seconds, In one fight I did kill my opponent with a T-32 Bolt only after firing a few shots that didn't seem to register, a couple seconds later he went down but I was not firing. This happened several times to each of us so we are not imagining it.

edit- Our pings our stable. My own was at 40 steady.

Same here.  There was a point I shot at ThirdEye's badonkadonk four or five times with the SS and no dice. There was a point where I swear I should've died -  I was avoiding(I thought I was at least) ThirdEye's shots along with someone else's who aided him, then it got to the point where I was just turning in a circle like, "I'm suppose to die now", and managed to cheat death.

In my experience it doesn't matter the ping I possess, I will be prone to teleports, lag, and bad hit detection at one point or another...tonight it felt like Hawken was running very smooth for me; minor hiccups here and there - someone was saying that everyone was teleporting on the map Prosk, but in that game it was running fine for me - in that particular instance, no issues whatsoever. I'm just pointing out the observation -  at least in my case - that a low ping doesn't represent great gameplay.

Edited by XPloyt, September 29 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#8 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:26 AM

I never had these issues on the "x" servers.  But now, I am getting them, did they move back to the Amazon servers_  Hopefully they figure out the issue and get it resolved soon.

#9 talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:59 AM

Pings have increased for me in AZ in the west and east since the change.

Shots not registering when you really really need them to be there is not fun.

#10 zorin1

zorin1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hopefully this thread will be read by someone that can do something about it.  Hopefully the subject will make a dev want to read it.

#11 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:05 PM

I had a match on Sunday night kind of like the above... It was really odd when I died from shots fired from a player I had just finished killing 4 or 5 seconds earlier.

#12 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted September 30 2014 - 06:49 PM

All night I've had mis-registrations with hits :(
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users