HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Scmexy Hawken App/SITE SHADENESS MADE IT!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted October 26 2014 - 10:25 PM

Why this went public, I have no idea. But if the developer is the one to publically release it, then the right decision was made. Albeit who draws the line between classifying information in HAWKEN as public or private_
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#22 Shadeness

Shadeness

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 01:00 AM

The only thing that you can't see from the game client is the server completion percentage and random user's mech names (and stats, but that's visible to friends). I always assumed mech names would be public at one point, though HWK might have decided not to. Not a huge issue though.

You can already see server mmr through scrimbot, and I used the same algorithm to fuzz it.

I stuffed the sensitive stuff (user MMR/HC/MC) behind a login so random people can't see it. Had to do this as the app was starting to go public. MMR is hidden as HWK hides it, and the community expects it to be. MC is hidden for obvious reasons.

TBH, in any other game, user stats/rankings/mechs/loadouts would all be public.

Edited by Shadeness, October 27 2014 - 01:09 AM.

#23 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 28 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostEM1O, on October 18 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

hmmmph. maybe i should quit making fun of the G2 Assault.  :D
http://hawken.herokuapp.com/user/em1o

Hey EM, something's wrong with your Predator. It's missing.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#24 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted October 29 2014 - 04:56 AM

HUGE Thank You to everyone who made it :)
Shouldn't this be in General Discussion to spread awareness_

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#25 Neraste

Neraste

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 29 2014 - 03:50 PM

This web app is just awesome! I think game client should take inspiration from it, at least for game progression and (maybe, but not sure) game players list.

@Shadeness: if I may, I think you should display player mechs list as a table, rather than a list (ul/li). This way, the name/rank/kill/death/assist figures would be well aligned. Nevertheless, thank you for this!

Edited by Neraste, October 29 2014 - 03:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users