HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Some Technician Support/Healing Tips

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 06:47 AM

I play tech all the time and its about time I give some tips to the community.

Support/Heal Tips

1.Take some time and learn how to dodge effectively. Try not to be in the air. Maximize your time on the ground. But sometime jumping in the air will help you.
   Get the Air Compressor internal this will save your life. Being able to use this to your advantage will save you   and escape to go repair fellow pilots or yourself.

2. Choosing who to heal is also important. If you see a mech that is repairing its self in a safe place don't heal him. Go for the guys on the front line so you can prolong the fight and hopefully win it.

Also choosing the right person to heal when you're on the front line. If there is someone who is just standing    there taking bullets and not dodging. DONT HEAL HIM he is useless (Im sorry for all the noobs i just insulted).

After a while in the game you'll see who is a good player between the average player. Heal the good players    first because they will often lead to a kill and that is one less player shooting at you.

3. After healing the important players. Be wary of the other Mechs with low health heal them. Your teammates will thank you later.

4. If there is a Incinerator on your team use the Redox. It has a debuff effect the the enemy player will take more damage. But the Redox uses alot of heat be careful with heat and not overheat. An Incinerator will take the heat from nearby mechs. So thats why i use Redox with Incinerator

5. DO NOT OVERHEAT this will kill you and you'll be sorry. If you are about to overheat stop healing until your heat is gone.

6. Weapon of choice
PNN-23 - If you want to do a little damage without the heat generation from the hawkins-RPR this wep is the way to go. PNN-23 Does not have as much heat generation as the hawkins-RPR.

Hawkins-RPR - This wep is better then the PNN-23 if you want to do more damage. But healing and using the Hawkins-RPR will cause you to overheat alot faster than the PNN-23.

Redox-02 - If you want to help your teammates even more put this weapon on. It has a debuff that will cause the enemy pilot to take more damage. But only use it when there are plenty of other teammates around. Because Redox has alot of heat generation. If you are going to use it just be super careful and remember tip 5. Also the Redox has splash damage if you accidentally shoot yourself with it you will take alot more damage because you are already paper thin with a debuff.

7. Know when to Escape is a great way to stay alive. If you are healing a mech and there are just to many enemy mechs  causing to much DPS just stop healing and RUN! go to a pocket of your teammeates and heal them instead (Forgot about this tip)

Hope these Tips will help you in the long run when using the Technician!

I will be posting the right way to be an offensive Technician too.
And yes i know this is a bad strategy. If you want to do this strategy atleast do it right. :)

Edited by Smith0729, October 13 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 13 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostSmith0729, on October 13 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

I will be posting the right way to be an offensive Technician too.

You have made me curious.

#3 kazuya989

kazuya989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationDisguissed as Ninja_Goat

Posted October 13 2014 - 09:02 AM

It's good to see new people in the forums posting tips, and i love Tech, so always good to see more Tech players.

Your strategy is sound for playing a PUB Healer Tech, and for new Tech players who are learning the mech that is a good way to play.

Tip :  Carry a blockade as you can Green Beam it to restore yourself full health in a few seconds.  Great mid duel as no-one ever expects it.

The Optimal way to play Tech for me is approx 75% HEAL  25% BATTLE,  the key is to know when to do each.

check out my uTube page

for videos of Hawken gameplay

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 10:37 AM

MadMaxx Aggressive Tech [50% or greater BattleTech play]:
Items: carry Mk3 Repair charge; drop it to hi-speed heal you, or leave a health-bank for teammate. Mk1 Machine gun Turret:
same idea as the blockade:  beam the turret while you're fighting--heals it and you, and adds an extra gun.
save your Ability for Battle Tech red-beam vampiring. only use the green beam in really bad melees when it's essential to save your fave Fat Man.
if you do "Vampire" BattleTech it, emulate the Berzerker: KEEP MOVING, prairie dog/peekaboo pop shooting, and especially, ambushing. Toe-to-toeing or Stay out = get dead quick.

Internals: Air Compressor, and Replenisher.  Air Compressor is invaluable--it's one of those "Damm but i'm glad I had that" things. Replenisher value is iffy, as it only gives you 2 more maximum burns per 10 min. match, an alternative would be Advanced Repair Kit, or Evasive Device + Basic Power Surger (Speed kills--the enemy) or 1 slot Deflector.

Never heal a flying mech. If he's in the air, he better have AC and he'll come back down eventually. you may expose yourself chasing him around. if no AC, let him be a happy floating target for the enemy. don't waste your time or turn yourself into a floating target. your mech is designed for high speed on the ground. stay there; more places to hide, too.
Caveat: 1570mmr. YMMV.

Cool Thread. Can you tell i like the Tech_
:D

Edited by EM1O, October 13 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 13 2014 - 12:16 PM

https://community.pl...-to-technician/ I'm just going to leave this here.
Posted Image

#6 Smith0729

Smith0729

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 04:42 PM

Thats for the info that will help me and the others

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostMerl61, on October 13 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

https://community.pl...-to-technician/ I'm just going to leave this here.
I'd forgotten about that! great link. i'm using the advanced repair/AC on internals, but i more or less configured my Tech around that post.
what i use now works great all-around (click the 'Dementia' link)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users