HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What is you favorite default multipurpous utlity mech _

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 04:14 PM

Basicaly what I am looking for here is what mech do you find the most virsitile to use  in more than one way. Yes you can swap inturnals  wepons and items  for diferent roles.   as long as the mech stays the same.

My defalt has to be the predator with the breacher or eoc  repeater  inturnals would be shock coil  advanced reconstructer and power surger  Items are sheild mk lll  and emp.  

On the breacher the sheilds come in handy as a personal sheild + trap drop eight predator mines . drop sheild . charge breacher and fire thought sheild at enmey after abot two hits most say wtf and eather start shoting at the dome sheild keep firing charged shots when thy colapse the sheild drop another and keep firing charged breacher shots. At this point they will rush the sheild when the enter back out. Detinate the eight mines shoot a charged breacher shot fallowed up by a fast shot from the breacher... trust me they are dead.

This trap also works with the eoc repater just more dammage. and you have to have a better timing.

The breacher not only goes thought sheilds but also mecks use when enemy is going thought a hall and there is one behind another the shot will travel though the first one an though the second.

The eoc repeater is a awsome weapon when use as a long range minefeild.  It with the eoc predator has the best burst dammage conner playing meck in the game.  

So what is you favorite most virsitile defalt  mech _ when all else fails and you need a unleash a can of whip ass on the enemy.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 14 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 14 2014 - 04:29 PM

PREDPREDPRED!

Also Assault, if my team truly sucks and I'm forced to take stupid risks.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 14 2014 - 04:30 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#3 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted October 14 2014 - 05:11 PM

Vote for team fred.  :)

Alternate, the assault.  Both were designed to be multipurpose and fulfill the purpose well.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#4 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted October 14 2014 - 05:12 PM

Assault is the only answer.

...says the infil mainer.

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 14 2014 - 05:41 PM

Grenadier is best for everything. suppression_ got it covered. Spearheading assault_ got it covered.  Grenade launcher is arguably best at corner game, and HEAT does an okay job at that, but Rev GL is far superior. Vulcan Gren is very powerful too. Plenty of health, plus a damage boosting ability.  

What's not to love_

Edited by Silverfire, October 14 2014 - 05:43 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#6 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted October 14 2014 - 05:54 PM

G2 raider. I am not joking. It is a vengeful god in the right hands.
It's for just about anything other than sniping

#7 JukeBarzel

JukeBarzel

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Locationוירג'יניה

Posted October 14 2014 - 09:45 PM

Fred.

Posted Image

Make me happy. Just give me something big and nasty, then let me take it out and blow up Stuff with it.

#8 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 14 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'll always be a bruiser man. wanna get up close_ you're gonna get shredded by my vulcan or shotgunned with hellfires. wanna play corner games_ you can bet if my hellfires don't snake around that corner like a javelin missile they're gonna pepper it and make you back off. wanna just brawl and try to go hit-for-hit_ too bad, I'll soak up your first volley with my ability and use my air mobility against you. of course the bruiser will wither under fire like any other mech, but I have always found great utility with it.
Posted Image

#9 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 15 2014 - 06:00 AM

Beefsweat, on October 14 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'll always be a bruiser man. wanna get up close_ you're gonna get shredded by my vulcan or shotgunned with hellfires. wanna play corner games_ you can bet if my hellfires don't snake around that corner like a javelin missile they're gonna pepper it and make you back off. wanna just brawl and try to go hit-for-hit_ too bad, I'll soak up your first volley with my ability and use my air mobility against you. of course the bruiser will wither under fire like any other mech, but I have always found great utility with it.

I've always wondered about that..

Doesn't giving a mech a long range and a short range weapon make it so that mech isn't good at either_ I'd think the AR would be a much better fit on the Bruiser than the Vulcan is.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users