HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Looking for sharpshooter loadouts as well as tatics.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 04:24 AM

Just got a sharpshooter . I am looking for some viable loadouts of weapons inturnals and items as well as anny tatical tricks that the vetrens of ss may be using. Basicaly how to build a good sharp shotter. Things to note  I do not use ac  on anything.

#2 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted October 17 2014 - 06:49 AM

Ask Nept. He will teach you.
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#3 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 17 2014 - 06:52 AM

Items: MkII Rocket Turret or MkII Repair Charge, MkII Scanner
Internals: Repair Kit, Advanced Armor Fusor, Basic Extractor or Basic Power Surger
I shuffle it around depending on the maps, nothing really set in stone.
Weapons: Slug Rifle.

Edited by EM1O, October 17 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#4 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted October 17 2014 - 08:23 AM

I prefer Advanced Armor Fusor and Advanced Reconstructor on mine. Advanced Repair Kit might be a good replacement for Advanced Armor Fusor though, if you're running Repair Charge Mk3. My reasoning being that I want as little downtime for repairs as possible and I like being able to heal while repositioning. Some people swear on Air Compressor for SS, but I don't find it that useful outside of 1v1s.

#5 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 08:28 AM

I wudnt run AC on SS as hopefully you wont be in many cqc situations.  Ive run both Fusor and reconstructor same time but im a bit iffy on reconstructor cause as a sharpie your almost always plucking away at someone.  I usally run Adv armor fusor + Replinisher the replinisher helps a lot for powershot to be up quicker, the quicker powershot comes up the more kills for you.  

As for items, I currently dont run scanner just cause its to op and cant run in tpg anyways.  I say repair charges are good, turrets can help you detect if someone is sneaking up on you as well.  an emp isnt too bad an idea for occasionally cqc situations to beable to emp them and run.  Some Ss's ive seen run holograms which can be pretty effective specially if someone is trying to counter snipe you.

Edited by Skitzo1d, October 17 2014 - 08:29 AM.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#6 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:27 AM

Have not played it much but slug seems better suited to its job ...  Right now I frankly am a ok ss piolt. I will keep at it. More intrested in heat scout , and heat and eoc infi right now But thanks for the info and if anyone finds anything else please post it.  My Goal is to  play all mechs as support. That is a challenge in it self .... but that is why i keep coming back. I also find the more challinging the more rewarding it is to do it well.

#7 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 AM

I run Slug with Advanced Armor Fusor and AC. I played around with other combos, but I've found AC to be extremely useful for midair shots that require quick turning or hovering to fire a shot and then dodging behind cover.

I use Repair Charge MKIII and Shield MKI on almost everything, SS included. Some people prefer EMP to Shield, though.

#8 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

It depends, AC can be used for taking cover after having to take aerial shots too. Sometimes you need to hover to get that angle and don't want to be open to everything.

However I do say that AC isn't required. It's a nice luxury, but you can easily play it without the AC. Currently I run Replenisher and Air Compressor.

Replenisher because it will make your power shot cool down that much faster.

Other choices: Advanced Armor Fusor, Either Reconstructor, Advanced Repair kit, either extractor.

Not much else though since a lot of the internals won't mean much at all to the SS.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#9 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Slug. Mk3 Repair orbs. AC. Other stuff.

Slug for the reason that you need to do as much damage as possible in split second scenarios, which is best accomplished with the slug.

SS was actually the first mech of mine with which I put repair orbs on. This allowed me to be more stationary and line up my shots better in scenarios where one or two people were coming at me, so I had more of an advantage when they arrived at a range better suited for their mechs. I still use it, even though my movement's definitely improved. Now it's mainly a huge time saver, and when I know no one's approaching I'll definitely throw one down and repair on it so I can get back to supporting my teammates as fast as possible.

AC because it compliments the Slug very well. Few mechs benefit quite as much from being in the air as much as SS does. While not the case in close range encounters, hovering can help you get good shots off at a much greater distance than if you were to be on the ground. Obviously you're going to get shot at once in a while. AC helps.

However, it's greatest benefit is in close range play. The SS has some of (if not the) lowest DPS in the game. It is a very bursty mech. Giving it the advantage of aerial maneuvering in medium to close range play is a life saver due to its generally modest stats, and I commonly find myself alternating between shots while in the air, and shots on the ground during burst play, which would not be possible without AC to dodge right back after those shots. I find this somewhat necessary as many other mechs are far better equipped for close range burst play, and being in a different position on your way out of the corner than what they expect can save you some of your already meager health pool.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, Yesterday, 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users