HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech idea: Astro

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 11:43 AM

Sentium enterprise presents the ASTRO

Originally designed for mining distant orbiting asteroids the heavy Astro is equipped with gravity manipulating technology. Though it lacks the armor of other C class mech it makes up for it in its ability to shut down A class mechs that are known for their speed. It does this with with its special ability GRAVITY TRAP. This ability projects a field of energy that decreases enemy mechs ability to fly and boost out of its clutches. finally you will be able to bring a world(or asteroid) of hurt down upon that slippery little berserk or scout. And if that wasn't enough it is also equip with its special density cannon as its secondary weapon. This cannon fires a slow yet powerful blast that deals  damage to mechs on direct hit but if detonated early it creates a shock wave powerful enough to displace even the heaviest of mechs. So if you want to bring the gravitational pain the Astro is right for you.

#2 Jappards

Jappards

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 01:21 PM

Great mech! would be interesting, I would love to push back all those enemies, but what weapon is it`s primary weapon_

#3 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 18 2014 - 01:26 PM

cool idea, but i rather doubt it would be workable without a major rewrite of the game code, just for balance and movement.
short version: good, but nope.
:)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#4 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted October 18 2014 - 01:50 PM

GRAVITY!

Secondary is cool, and I'd like to suggest something like a Grav Hammer as a prestige primary.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#5 Milithistorian

Milithistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 03:33 PM

At least it will help with all the people hovering all the time.
Don't see it being implemented though.
Military Historian, Comedian(Master's in Puns)
Find me most anywhere as Milithistorian or something of the sort.

Yeah. Best sig ever, I know.

#6 AlphaPanzer01

AlphaPanzer01

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHồ Chí Minh city, VietNam

Posted October 18 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hell, sounds like a mech created for chaos :ph34r:
For VietNam!!!!

#7 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted October 18 2014 - 03:51 PM

A space mech_ You have my approval.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#8 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 19 2014 - 12:05 AM

Sounds like you need to be more accurate. A classes aren't that hard to hit as it is. This mech would either be terrible or crazy op.
Posted Image

#9 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 19 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostMerl61, on October 19 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

A classes aren't that hard to hit as it is. This mech would either be terrible or crazy op.
I have to agree. The only counter to the C class advantage is more fire, which is pretty fair, however to negate a huge amount of an a-classes effective health with presumably a single shot (the one where you launch some device that makes it harder to move) has some real game breaking potential. That being said, it would quite clearly be a support class if one of its weapons is doing no damage. Even still, I could see that mechanic becoming entirely too effective.
Still appreciate the idea though.
Posted Image

#10 Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Massive_Assailant_Stingray

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 19 2014 - 01:35 PM

Any mechanic that takes control away from players is generally very bad design. That's why people don't like being emped, but at least there you can try to avoid confrontation while you're emped.

#11 Milithistorian

Milithistorian

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted October 19 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostMassive_Assailant_Stingray, on October 19 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Any mechanic that takes control away from players is generally very bad design. That's why people don't like being emped, but at least there you can try to avoid confrontation while you're emped.

On the subject of the EMP, I think there needs to be an internal like a backwards dodge for dodging out of the radius of these things (situational, but useful)
Military Historian, Comedian(Master's in Puns)
Find me most anywhere as Milithistorian or something of the sort.

Yeah. Best sig ever, I know.

#12 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 06:47 PM

I originally thought this ability would work alot like the incinerators ability where you just have that area around you.  (Plus they wouldn't even need to make a new animation. ) this mech would be more for close quarters combat since in long ranged fights it would not be able to use it at all.  I do agree that the idea for the secondary would get a bit annoying.  But hey at Least it isn't the black hole cannon a friend of mine suggested. I came up with this Idea after a while of paying against people who were way tip good at playing mind games with the Scout and berzerker due to their speed.  Love all the feedback keep it coming with new ideas

#13 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 12:12 PM

How about if it had a slow firing secondary weapon that would, with each hit, add mass (but no damage) to the enemy mech it hits_  But the effect slowly wears off.  So, you're in a Berzerker, flying about like a bumble bee.  The Astro hits you with it's "mass cannon" with one hit - now your Berzerker is a bit heavier and slower.  It hits you with a second shot and you get even heavier and slower still...  This makes it easier to now hit you with its other primary weapon (whatever that is).

That wouldn't be too bad at all.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, October 21 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#14 Shjohn

Shjohn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted October 21 2014 - 07:25 PM

Stubborn puppet I like the way you think.  But I think the secondary ought to do Some damage. Maybe it could be a stacked effect that after the times of being got you take damage or it only takes damage when you debate it instead of hitting a target

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users