HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Infiltrator tips tricks and loadouts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 04:33 PM

Next mech is going to be infeltrater. I love pred even though I know they very in stratagy and how they play .  love the eoc and want to learn the heat cannon as well. What is the difference in the way I would play a heat scout ... also looking for tips and tricks ....  How does the game play of pred differ from infiltrator I  know how the ablitys differ I mean style of play and cloak usage. Basicaly looking to go heat cannon and eoc mainly.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 22 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#2 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 22 2014 - 04:44 PM

your EOC just became a no drop-off across the map shotgun, CQC low self-damage weapon, and you still have the joy of scattering boombooms on the floor. just don't stand on them too long (you die when they time out).
your stealth is no longer "forever", tied to fuel.
you can walk while stealthed faster than most mechs can boost.
you can die almost as quick as a Scout, but can dance almost as quick, as well.
the HEAT is a mad skilz mech kills bang stick that you can charge up, for almost hit-scan speeds as well as a TOW-nasty type of splash.
you should hone up your poke and peekaboo technique, as that is going to be most of your play, other than the prerequisite Alpha Strike from cloak blast orgazzum.
You might find Infil dangerously enjoyable!
:)

Edited by EM1O, October 22 2014 - 04:48 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#3 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted October 22 2014 - 05:11 PM

https://community.pl...ll-mech-guides/

Check some out here, list hasn't been updated for a bit because I've been really busy, but still relevant.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#4 Agile

Agile

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 05:04 AM

The usual infiltrator performs best in peek-a-boo, stealth strikes and flanking manoeuvres. The usual infiltrator will have quite some trouble maintaining itself in frontline or the spearhead of an assault.

Of course play style and tactics also depends on the person, some people can get riskier tactics down then others. Anyway, i often use the EOC Infil. Especially with the EOC, you need to pay attention to your position relative to friends and enemy. Because its rather fragile and doesn't really excel in a sustained head-on fight, you really need to watch the radar and be careful. Keep a certain distance to the frontline avoiding to become the center of a big cluster fight.

The EOC in the mid range performs well in supporting your team and bringing damage to the enemy. Also with the EOC you can suppress the enemy, especially in corridors or passages to an area. When your team is keeping the enemy team occupied you may try to sneak around and get some side shots / attacks, drop an EMP in the middle or take down an enemy low on health trying to find a nice spot to repair.

Personally i get the most satisfaction from playing the EOC infill when one or more enemy are getting over aggressive and get in to a chase on me. Back-pedalling around cover and corners while you burst damage your chasers every time one of them comes around the corner, that kind of stuff is really suited for the Infil, especially with an EOC.

Hope this helps...

Edited by Agile, October 23 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#5 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 10:37 AM

Thanks guys .... The more I play hawken the more I see each mech like a chess pice. Each is for diferent things as a situation dictates. I love the support role in all forms , offencive , defencive , supression and even suport as a tech and heal and debuff targets. I usualy am not mvp as that is not my goal as support. My goal  is to look at my team and change roles to fill in the gap of what they lack. And when I pull my team out of a death ball because the enemy team is   preoccupied doging  grenadier or inceneraters fire balls or a preds mines... that is where I excell. Ironic how alot of people just look at score and mvp. As a indicater of success. It is not always about dammage somtimes it is about adding extra elements that force a enemy to look away for just a second ... and when they look back here  comes the freight train of destruction.  Thanks for the help ... The hawken commuinty is awesome.

#6 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 04:15 PM

I Been playing infi latly have to say the asult rifel on this thing sucks ..... sustained fire weapons on this mech not a good idea ... seems peek a boo and burst dammage would fit the infi's style more that being said I am almost at level three so heat cannon here I come ... The eoc repeater will be awesome as well. One thought though the infies cloke does not seem as useful, as pred. Except for escape. If it is going to be tied to fule than as long as you have fule. You should beable to use the cloke. and make the cool down like 15 seconds. Just a thought.  Or mabe it is my inexperance and my using pred for so long time will tell.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 28 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#7 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 28 2014 - 05:02 PM

Infil ability is good for escaping/disappear from radar and sometimes to chase down an enemy with low health.

#8 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted Today, 01:04 PM

the cloak can be used to turn the tide of a 1v1 as well, in cqc dodge behind and cloak and hover, stay over their head to line up an alpha, works 87% - hard stats, ymmv

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users