HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Animated Avatars

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:02 AM

Sorry for starting a new topic just for this, but it was after I visited my profile that I realized the need for this thing. If you go to my profile, you will see that my avatar is an animated gif of a cute creature. I have also seen other people who put up animated avatars like me. What I am saying is that, it would be awesome if the avatar that is shown otherwise is also animated. When I post something or if my name appears somewhere, its a still picture. Having animated avatars everywhere would be nice!
Posted Image

#2 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted October 23 2014 - 05:39 AM

View PostCapAllan, on October 23 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Sorry for starting a new topic just for this, but it was after I visited my profile that I realized the need for this thing. If you go to my profile, you will see that my avatar is an animated gif of a cute creature. I have also seen other people who put up animated avatars like me. What I am saying is that, it would be awesome if the avatar that is shown otherwise is also animated. When I post something or if my name appears somewhere, its a still picture. Having animated avatars everywhere would be nice!

But it could also be highly distracting.

While I don't mind the option to have animated avatars, I would like to see an option to NOT see them as well. Just as we all have the option to not view sig's.

#3 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted October 23 2014 - 06:54 AM

I would like this. However, I can sense people just putting brightly flashing avatars to abuse the system.
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#4 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 23 2014 - 09:20 AM

Please for the love of everything that is holy, no ;)
Posted Image#94 it used to be

#5 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted October 23 2014 - 02:33 PM

If I could make my skullstache wiggle I would be soooo happy.

But unfortunately, as everyone else said, it would be far to easy to abuse, so I doubt it would ever happen.

It is odd that your avatar will animate on your profile page, but not on the main forum pages, though.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#6 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 23 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostMiscellaneous, on October 23 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

I would like this. However, I can sense people just putting brightly flashing avatars to abuse the system.

Why do you say that_ Sigs can be animated, and I can only think of one person who uses a flashy one.

Though of course, avatars can't be blocked. Still..

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, October 23 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View PostEliteShooter, on September 20 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I eat cats too. Does that interest you_

#7 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted October 24 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 23 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Why do you say that_ Sigs can be animated, and I can only think of one person who uses a flashy one.

With the current community size and nature, I doubt anything like this would happen. But if the game were to grow substantially, I can see lots of people with avatars purely meant to troll :(
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#8 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostMiscellaneous, on October 24 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 23 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

ReEvolve_

With the current community size and nature, I doubt anything like this would happen. But if the game were to grow substantially, I can see lots of people with avatars purely meant to troll :(

As suggested, if the game grew substantially, we would have more moderators who would ban trollers. Plus, yes. The option of switching it off should be there too!
Posted Image

#9 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted Today, 11:48 AM

YES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users