HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

jabuto's mech ideas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jabutosama

Jabutosama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFinland, Nearby Dark Forest

Posted October 26 2014 - 12:04 AM

Hi! Since i played my first 10 hours of hawken, i wanted to make new mechs ideas. And now i share those.

So first of all i want to say that want to avoid copying as much as possible. What it means is that when i create new mech idea, it is not copy of any new mech existing already. No new heavy snipers, no new predators etc, expect if they have something very special which makes them unique. You will see what i mean when you read the ideas. You haven't seen anything like them in game right_ (Note that i have not read any forum posts so if there is your mech idea, it is a 100% coincidence)

===WARPER===
Class: c
Short desc: heavy surpriser
Job: supressor, defender

Desc: since teleportation have been reached, both prosk and sentium have tried to obtain it in smaller scale, to import it to mech. After a time including deaths, explosions and scrapped metal, prosk obtained it. Somehow. Now warper hunts it's prey with horryfying close-combat surprise attacks. If you feel that you are alone, watch your back for warper.

Armor: 760
Fuel tank: small
Fuel regen: high
Speed: average c-class

Primary: assault rifle
Secondary: point-d-vulcan
Alt primary: sub-machine gun
Alt secondary: flak cannon

Ability: warpjump
Works only when pointing at any mech. You instantly teleport next to target. Unlimited range, only requiment is that there is another mech to point at. 25s. Cooldown. Weapons are paralyzed for 0.5s. After warpjump.

===VALKYR===
class: a
Short desc: one-mech mass hysteria
Job: assault

Desc: since prosk obtained warper, sentium failed making their own version of it. But what could be good against surprise attack_ A suprise defend. Sentium made mech to use holograms to cause mass hysteria to enemy lines and survive attacks as well. If you are going to attack a valkyr, you should prepare to tough fight.

Armor: 300
Fuel tank: average
Fuel regen: average
Speed: average a-class

Primary: sub-machine gun
Secondary: tow rocket
Alt primary: assault rifle
Atl secondary: miniflak

Ability: Hysteria
Valkyr generates 5 moving holograms of itself, causing literally an hysteria. Holorgrams move like ai bots do and they follor it's user. They do attack animation at enemy and some light show to look like real, but they won't damage any enemy. They disappear after 7 seconds. Cooldown of 35s. They have as well properties of real holograms, as hellfires etc lock at them and so on.

===SHOCKER===

Class: a
Short desc: paralyzer vechile
Job: assault, supressor

Desc: fragments of this old mech are found in battlefields all around world. No one knows who has built it, but everyone knows how effective it is. Forgotten for long time till now both prosk and sentium have tried to construct it again to it's shiny stage where it originally was. No matter who enemy mech is, in short range, shocker can fill it's enemy with paralyzing fear.

Armor: 250
Fuel tank: average
Fuel regen: high
Speed: high (not as high as scout)

Primary: miniflak
Secondary: grenade launcher
Alt primary: assault rifle
Alt secondary: tow rocket

Ability: Disarm
Shocker does shockwave in area of 6m. All weapons of enemies on range will be disarmer for 2 seconds. Unlimited targets but all of them must be at least half of an mech inside tthe range. Shocker is unable to attack for 0.5 seconds after cast.

====
So these are my little ideas i have finished so far, i have more unfinished that i will publish when they are ready. Tell your toughts in comments.

#2 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted October 26 2014 - 04:29 AM

"Ability: Hysteria Valkyr generates 5 moving holograms of itself, causing literally an hysteria. Holorgrams move like ai bots do and they follor it's user. They do attack animation at enemy and some light show to look like real, but they won't damage any enemy. They disappear after 7 seconds. Cooldown of 35s. They have as well properties of real holograms, as hellfires etc lock at them and so on."  

You do realise if anyone holds tab, this ability is pointless because there is only, what six guys on a team, and they certainly wont have the same mech, and if the fake ones follow the real, just fire a quick spray of bullets across them, and the one that shoots back is the real one

Edited by KOS_Baconman, October 26 2014 - 04:32 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Jappards

Jappards

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted October 26 2014 - 06:28 AM

Warper: I made a post 3 days ago featering a mech which uses teleportation(the Repositioner): https://community.pl...ots-to-matches/ , But the Repositioner is implemented differently, this mech is a class A and is made for hit-and-run tactics, you should look at my suggestions and see what you think.

Valkyr: You can fire bullets around and see who takes damage and who does not.

Shocker: I would use the shocker for hit-and-run tactics to "paralyse" enemies to give me a head start, but eventually everyone will mid range or long range combat shockers, so the ability will likely not work that well.

Also: here are average stats for every class mech, so you don't have to write average in your post(with all stats explained too):

Class A:
  • Armor: 334 (the amount of lifes, 0 = dead)
  • Ground speed: 22,8 m/s (max speed on the ground when boosting)
  • Acceleration: 32,2 m/s2 (m/s2 = meter per second per second, we don't note it as m/s/s, because that is double, so we note it as m/s2 instead, the speed gained in a second when going faster)
  • Air speed: 17,9 m/s (max forward speed in the air)
  • Thruster Vertical speed: 11,6 m/s (the max ascending speed)
  • Fuel Tank capacity: 90,4 L (the amount of Fuel a mech has)
  • Fuel Regen: 10,3 L/s (amount of Litres of Fuel regenerated in a second)
  • Dodge delay: 1s (the time it takes to dodge in seconds)
  • Overheat recovery time: 4,7s (the amount of time it takes from being overheated to the ability to use your weapons again)
  • EU capacity: 150 (the amount of EU you can collect in siege)

Class B:
  • Armor: 532
  • Ground speed: 18,4 m/s
  • Acceleration: 31,7 m/s2
  • Air speed: 16,7 m/s
  • Thruster Vertical speed: 11,3 m/s
  • Fuel Tank capacity: 81,4 L
  • Fuel Regen: 10 L/s
  • Dodge delay: 1,2s
  • Radar Range: 110,4 m
  • Overheat recovery time: 5,0s
  • EU capacity: 200

Class C:
  • Armor: 730
  • Ground speed: 16,4 m/s
  • Acceleration: 31,3 m/s2
  • Air speed: 13,8 m/s
  • Thruster Vertical speed: 10,6 m/s
  • Fuel Tank capacity: 101,7 L
  • Fuel Regen: 9,4 L/s
  • Dodge delay: 1,4s
  • Radar range: 113,8 m
  • Overheat recovery time: 4,6s
  • EU capacity: 250

I calculated these stats using this source: http://hawkenwiki.com.

View PostKOS_Baconman, on October 26 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

"Ability: Hysteria Valkyr generates 5 moving holograms of itself, causing literally an hysteria. Holorgrams move like ai bots do and they follor it's user. They do attack animation at enemy and some light show to look like real, but they won't damage any enemy. They disappear after 7 seconds. Cooldown of 35s. They have as well properties of real holograms, as hellfires etc lock at them and so on."  

You do realise if anyone holds tab, this ability is pointless because there is only, what six guys on a team, and they certainly wont have the same mech, and if the fake ones follow the real, just fire a quick spray of bullets across them, and the one that shoots back is the real one
The holograms could also shoot back, but don't do damage, the only one doing damage would be the real one.

Edited by Jappards, October 26 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#4 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted October 28 2014 - 01:36 PM

The holograms could also shoot back, but don't do damage, the only one doing damage would be the real one.
ah, I see
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users