HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Certain in-game graphics breaking down

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:25 AM

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a slow trend lately towards more and more bits of the graphics in Hawken missing_

I keep running into increasingly frequent occasions where a certain polygon in the map is missing... or a missile from a silo... or parts of a mech.  The most noticable is that I'm seeing a lot of mechs without legs or arms when viewing the after-match carousel.

If I'm alone in this, I must need to reinstall the game again.  If not, I'm guessing this is just more negative results from a lack of server maintenance (like the failure of the friends list).

#2 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:33 AM

I have not noticed any of those things, and i just played now.

#3 Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dimmamar

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:36 AM

What I noticed are some graphical glitches in terms of certain textures or polygons going invisible and showing up again in half a second. (Flashing)
Though I think this is related to my pre cold war computer.
Might have to call BaB4 Ji to fix it.

Edit: This is interesting the above mentioned name get's set to "I am a spammer please ban me".

Edited by Sorroritas, October 29 2014 - 05:39 AM.

I am the Hammer, I am the point of His spear, I am the mail about His fist.
I am the bane of His foes and the woes of the treacherous.
I am the end.

#4 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:49 AM

I'm not experiencing such problems.

#5 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted October 29 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 29 2014 - 05:25 AM, said:

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a slow trend lately towards more and more bits of the graphics in Hawken missing_

I keep running into increasingly frequent occasions where a certain polygon in the map is missing... or a missile from a silo... or parts of a mech.  The most noticable is that I'm seeing a lot of mechs without legs or arms when viewing the after-match carousel.

If I'm alone in this, I must need to reinstall the game again.  If not, I'm guessing this is just more negative results from a lack of server maintenance (like the failure of the friends list).

Or its a sign of hardware failure..

#6 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 29 2014 - 09:47 AM

yeah I'm guessing that's related to hardware failure on your end, I haven't experienced anything like that on my two fairly different computers here
Posted Image

#7 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:22 AM

Some textures flash when standing still.. It happens..
Posted Image#94 it used to be

#8 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the input so far.

As for the "flashies", that's a symptom of two polygons being place within the exact same pixel position on the map.  The textures on each compete to be shown.  It's been seen in games for over a decade - and something I used to have to deal with when creating maps for FarCry and TimeSplitters back in the day.

#9 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 29 2014 - 12:21 PM

or...you could have a borderline requirements-meeting gpu. i get a huge fps crash (sometimes locking on zero for a bit) when the garage renders after login, "jiggly" stuff on the 40-kill shot, and jerking/jumping on the carousel. and Gawd! Last Eco is still a dog when lots of Stuff is going on.
this with a amd8350 pushing a fx7750 gpu, PhysX on, Low, Low.
ymmv
:)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#10 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 12:57 PM

It's not my hardware requirements.  I'm rolling really heavy these days (3.9GHz i7 Processor, 4GB GPU, 16GB Ram, SSD...)

I've seen none of these issues on other games.

Like I said, it's just little missing things and it's pretty consistent.  Like on the carousel, it's almost always the third place player who's arms or legs are missing.

I'll probably just try uninstalling and reinstalling the game at this point.  Seems nobody else is experiencing this...

#11 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 29 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostEM1O, on October 29 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

or...you could have a borderline requirements-meeting gpu. i get a huge fps crash (sometimes locking on zero for a bit) when the garage renders after login, "jiggly" stuff on the 40-kill shot, and jerking/jumping on the carousel. and Gawd! Last Eco is still a dog when lots of Stuff is going on.
this with a amd8350 pushing a fx7750 gpu, PhysX on, Low, Low.
ymmv
:)

even low physx running on your CPU will take a hefty chunk out of it, especially AMDs. hawken's version of physx just isn't optimized very well
Posted Image

#12 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:05 PM

I haven't experience anything new other then there are times i don't see my Grenade launch even though i got a hit registered..or even my Hell fires just don't show up launching even when i hear them launch...but again i still get my registered hit..I don't mind it but it gets tough when its the enemy you don't see launch that secondary and your health gets low in a two second spot before the Kaboom .....LOL
I do have an AMD system so it could be that... Nvidia isn't going to make it easy for AMD...lol

Edited by LONEDEADWOLF, October 29 2014 - 05:06 PM.

meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted October 29 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostStubbornPuppet, on October 29 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

It's not my hardware requirements.  I'm rolling really heavy these days (3.9GHz i7 Processor, 4GB GPU, 16GB Ram, SSD...)

I've seen none of these issues on other games.

Like I said, it's just little missing things and it's pretty consistent.  Like on the carousel, it's almost always the third place player who's arms or legs are missing.

I'll probably just try uninstalling and reinstalling the game at this point.  Seems nobody else is experiencing this...

Before you do that, verify your files over Steam. Such could save you a reinstall.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#14 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted October 29 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostSorroritas, on October 29 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Edit: This is interesting the above mentioned name get's set to "I am a spammer please ban me".

Haha, thats awesome, good old Defter.  Someone from the community came up with the notion that the spammers always tried to get specific words into their posts, so Defter marked a bunch of them in the word replacement filter.  lol.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users