HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A Hawken Story - A positive one :-)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Xiaobaozha

Xiaobaozha

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 AM

I just thought I would add something positive to the current Hawken community.

I believe this game is special and hope it survives in one form or another.

I was never attracted to the F2P model and only feel it works for me when there is an option for a subscription as with Planetside 2 as an example.

The way I look at it currently, I was drawn in by the Steam offer and also bought the smaller 'package' for my two Nephews.

In total I have spent less than £50 not just on the game but including the soundtrack and the graphic novels/comics. I believe that to be pretty good value these days. For the number of hours I have logged, I feel comfortable with what I have spent.

It is a shame that player count is low when I get chance to play but the East Coast US servers have always had games I could join, even if the EU servers did not.

The learning curve is steep and I am glad that it is that way. I have even become accustomed to the MM...well almost...

A good game with great potential. Fingers crossed.

#2 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 AM

+1 Xiaobaozha
It's a free to play model that completely avoids the normal pay to win pitfall.  Even had I been required to pay up $50 to keep playing after they moved it to Steam (I was in on the free pre-beta), I would have gladly done so.  It's been worth every penny of that $50, plus some.

The world needs more FPS games that break free from the Modern Warfare/twitch shooter model.

#3 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted Yesterday, 08:17 AM

I love this game too :)
Came from 10 years of rpg-console playing and found hawken. It is the first fps in 10 years that appealed to me, and i think it has its own niche that add to the experience.

spent almost 300 hours in game since i found it 4 months ago :)

#4 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted Yesterday, 08:24 AM

Bless your soul.

#5 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

Get out.

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#6 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Despite people telling that high graphics don't have much a difference compared to low,i disagree,my only dream is to build up a new rig to welcome any future this great game has.I  love watching videos of Hawken,and on high graphics there so many particles :lol:(shields taking dmg,floor being rip off,heal orbs flying around,like EVERYTHING) ,breathtaking if u gonna ask me,hawken was my love from a first sight,and till this day its still is.It's a reat game and I am just glad that i was a member of this great community for the last 2 years.

#7 Xiaobaozha

Xiaobaozha

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on October 30 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Get out.
...of your mind..._

#8 bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOuter space, destroying worlds

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

This is one of the most unique shooters, if not games, out there (to me). The minute I saw gameplay footage, it became number one on my favorite games list. A few years later, it's still better than anything else. It will survive. Even if it has to be on hiatus for a few months, there's too much to abandon.

#9 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted Yesterday, 09:58 PM

View PostXiaobaozha, on October 30 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostMuffintrumpet, on October 30 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Get out.
...of your mind..._

of his wet dreams, methinks
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#10 Muffintrumpet

Muffintrumpet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted Today, 03:12 AM

moist, not wet
wasn't good enough for full-on wet

"To the untrained eye this chart may indeed appear to demonstrate a steep and sustained downward trend; however, what you're actually seeing is the line being dragged down because of the strengthening gravitational pull of a player base that is actually increasing in density.  Rest assured, this is all going completely according to plan."

#11 Xiaobaozha

Xiaobaozha

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Today, 06:42 AM

View PostMuffintrumpet, on October 31 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

moist, not wet
wasn't good enough for full-on wet
thanks for leaving a mildly damp patch on this thread...

#12 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted Today, 10:29 AM

AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

1 user(s) are reading this topic