HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

High GPU Usage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xiuide

Xiuide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:45 PM

so before I file this as a "bug" I wanted to get others opinions on the matter, and see if its just me, or the game.

Anyway, this game seems to keep my GPU nearly maxed at all times. while playing the game itself that's normal, however, even in the menus where there is no 3D rendering to be seen the GPU is still running at 85-90% which is odd to say the least. I run an Nvidia GTX 460 1GB so while its not the best in the world its still more than enough to run games based on the unreal engine and I've never seen my GPU be eaten up like that on any UE menu interface before.

as a reference point my specs are:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 OC'd to 3.8Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 1GB Mem
6GB Ram

so has anyone else noticed this, or is it a one off problem with my specific hardware_

#2 MellowJello

MellowJello

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:48 PM

Yeah it's happening with me too.  Running two cards at once can't seem to handle this game :  I'm guessing it just needs optimizing for now.

I recall in Alpha 2 that disabling Physx (at least for ATI cards) helps boost performance a lot.

#3 UncleHo

UncleHo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:26 AM

I have no issues regarding frame rates or anything, but I did notice that GPU usage is always high, even in the menus (but these are often 3d sceneries, so it may 'work-as-intended'). Graphics card is a Nvidia GTX560 (no Ti).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users