HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Installation/running/uninstallation issues, same as Alpha

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sunjester

Sunjester

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 02:52 PM

Just like in the Alpha I can't get the game to install properly. It gets through about 10% of the installation and then just ends, telling me it installed correctly despite having only installed 34.2 MB worth of files. When I try to run it it takes about 20 seconds for anything to come up, and what does come up is an error message saying it can't load the application properly. Then when I try to uninstall it it uninstalls in a fraction of a second, yet doesn't actually delete any files.

I want to play this game, I really do, but I posted this before during the alpha and I've heard absolutely nothing about this issue, despite countless other people having the same problem.

#2 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted November 05 2012 - 07:23 AM

Sounds like you are AFK downloading, you start the download leave then come back to see little or no progress.  Turn off your screen saver in your "power Option" set monitor and hard drive to "Never" sleep or turn off as well (you can always change the setting back later).  When your screen saver kicks in your PC goes to sleep or turns off to save power this also turns off your Ethernet card causing you to lose connecting while downloading, that is why you always get a partial or corrupt installation package.  Good Luck...
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#3 mevludin90

mevludin90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:12 PM

Had this same problem.But I then went to my desktop computer, and it worked there. It did not work for my Lenovo T420s model. Allowed firewall, never sleep, never everything for settings. But still failed with "Unable to load application configuration"
But on the desktop computer, it did the same thing, a 5-10 seconds to install after running "HawkenInstaller.exe." So they both acted the same until I clicked "finish" on the HawkenInstaller.exe, which launched the Hawken game(I also did this on my laptop). Unlike the laptop, it did not stop with the "Unable to load application configuration" and instead loaded the launcher and it started to download the content for the game.
I don't really know why this was the case, but I'm letting you know that the 5-10 second install of HawkenInstaller is not the issue. Its running Hawken application. I just haven't figured out the problem for the laptop, and I might not bother now that it works with the desktop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users