HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Failed to create D3D9 Device!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:50 PM

"Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting..."

I keep getting this error.

1) UAC isn't on.
2) My Desktop isn't "locked".
3) WTF_
"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#2 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 06:25 PM

Bump.

Need an answer. Stupid game fails to launch every time.
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#3 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 09:06 PM

Found the answer:

If you are running multiple monitors, the game will not launch properly. Only fix I could find is to disconnect the alternate monitors. This should be fixed.

#4 Romujo

Romujo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 01:25 AM

Bumping this because I also have this issue. Worked with multiple monitors before today's patch update.

#5 aetner

aetner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 11:27 AM

Bumping this too. Except... I only have one monitor.

Bug: Game does not make it to main menu... crashes after launcher initiated. Error text attached as screenshot.
Cause: Launching the game
Severity: 5 (No attempt at loading the game has been successful.)

Directx, AMD drivers, etc all updated.

Attached File  Error Screenshot.jpg   83.49K   22 downloads

#6 Kickinstuff13

Kickinstuff13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:01 PM

Having the same issue.

#7 Seradin

Seradin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:21 PM

Having the same issue as well.

#8 Orlet

Orlet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:07 PM

Same issue...

update: found this thread: http://community.pla...locked-exiting/

solved my problem.

Edited by Orlet, November 08 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:12 PM

Wrong forum.

Make sure your Eyefinity setup is correctly configured and is not expecting a missing monitor to be there.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#10 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostElix, on November 08 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Wrong forum.

Make sure your Eyefinity setup is correctly configured and is not expecting a missing monitor to be there.

You're making the incorrect assumption that those who have multiple monitors are using an eyefinity setup. Some of us are just running several monitors for multi tasking purposes. So this is the correct forum. Next time, try not to make assumptions.

#11 aetner

aetner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:02 AM

I think he was just saying this is the Beta 1 forum... Regardless, I was able to fix my issue. AMD had been updating drivers for me... turned out a total driver uninstall + two restarts + install fixed the issue. At least in my case, it looked like the AMD auto driver update corrupted the driver (driver menus weren't working, etc.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users