HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

"Source file is corrupted"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:17 AM

I downloaded the beta the first day it started, opened it, and played for a match, then I had a really busy weekend.

I logged in today and applied a patch aprx~30mb before playing. once the patch was done, I logged in and was ready to play but then I received a "Source file is corrupted" error, and the game had to re-download. Now I can no longer run the game, I just get the "Source file is corrupted" error after patching, then re-install again.

Edited by DS08, October 28 2012 - 10:26 AM.

MY SYSTEM: Win8 Pro 64bit - nForce 680i SLI Board - Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @3.00GHz - 8.00GB RAM - GeForce GTX 570 1GB Dedicated / 4GB Total Graphics Memory.

#2 Diamondeye96

Diamondeye96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:20 AM

I have the same problem and i know the fix..
I can show u only if someone (who have applied the 38mb patch) upload the 'HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping' file and give it to me,.

#3 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostDS08, on October 28 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

I downloaded the beta the first day it started, opened it, and played for a match, then I had a really busy weekend.

I logged in today and applied a patch aprx~30mb before playing. once the patch was done, I logged in and was ready to play but then I received a "Source file is corrupted" error, and the game had to re-download. Now I can no longer run the game, I just get the "Source file is corrupted" error after patching, then re-install again.

Have you 100% completely uninstalled the game and tried to re-install it_

#4 Diamondeye96

Diamondeye96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:30 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on October 28 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I have tried, and that fix's it, But then we have to re-Download and re-install the game everytime a patch comes, so that won't help.

#5 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm in the process of re-downloading it after uninstalling it completely right now, I am hoping that it works.. But if what 'Diamondeye96' says is true, I won't enjoy having to re-install every time there's a patch.
MY SYSTEM: Win8 Pro 64bit - nForce 680i SLI Board - Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @3.00GHz - 8.00GB RAM - GeForce GTX 570 1GB Dedicated / 4GB Total Graphics Memory.

#6 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostDiamondeye96, on October 28 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

I have tried, and that fix's it, But then we have to re-Download and re-install the game everytime a patch comes, so that won't help.

When was the last time you did a cleanup of your temp directories and such_ Corrupt files is usually a sign of hardware failure.. unless it comes down bad in the first place but many others would have this issue.

Also disable your A/V software as it could be corrupting the file as well.. some A/V software are a bit too agressive and retarded.

#7 Diamondeye96

Diamondeye96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostDS08, on October 28 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'm in the process of re-downloading it after uninstalling it completely right now, I am hoping that it works.. But if what 'Diamondeye96' says is true, I won't enjoy having to re-install every time there's a patch.
I've had downloaded the game first, and played with no probs, later the 280+MB patch came, and the same problem... I had to re-download and install it worked, after the 38MB Patch, again the problem occures.

#8 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostDiamondeye96, on October 28 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

I've had downloaded the game first, and played with no probs, later the 280+MB patch came, and the same problem... I had to re-download and install it worked, after the 38MB Patch, again the problem occures.

As I stated disable your A/V software and try again.

#9 Diamondeye96

Diamondeye96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:41 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on October 28 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

No AV Software, No Firewall blocking, 2MB of Connection which downloads at 200kb/s, so i don't think it's my problem.
Can't belive no one giving me 'HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping'

Edited by Diamondeye96, October 28 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#10 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostJuiceBox, on October 28 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Patches worked perfectly fine for me during the alpha, I'll do the disk cleanup right now..

#11 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:46 AM

File critical problem reports here:  https://playhawken.z...om/requests/new

(I'm not saying it will be fast, but based on my experience with reports filed there you will get a reply)
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#12 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the help 'JuiceBox', We'll see if everything works properly after the game is done downloading

Measures taken: Allowed game to re-download and re-patch, completely Un-installed game, disk clean up, allowed more hawken exceptions to AVG anti virus exceptions list, Currently redownloading/reinstalling fresh.

#13 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:18 PM

UPDATE: Game is now working, I am able to log in and go through the garage, been trying to join games and usually end up having an error saying that there was an server connection error, my connection was lost, or couldn't join game... If not one then the other of course, was trying to join any game for about 20 minutes until I finally got into one, played a round, then game crashed.

Seems like the more updates and fixes they do to the game, the less I am able to play.

#14 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostDS08, on October 28 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

UPDATE: Game is now working, I am able to log in and go through the garage, been trying to join games and usually end up having an error saying that there was an server connection error, my connection was lost, or couldn't join game... If not one then the other of course, was trying to join any game for about 20 minutes until I finally got into one, played a round, then game crashed.

Seems like the more updates and fixes they do to the game, the less I am able to play.

Servers are down for an update

#15 DS08

DS08

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 03:55 PM

Thanks again JuiceBox.!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users