HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cannot connect to any servers...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dr_Manuscript

Dr_Manuscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:09 PM

Me and my friends have been failing to join servers all afternoon. We cannot play at all.

Even on empty servers with 0/12 players we get the same result - can't connect or it says connecting forever and never connects.

Giving up for now...

It would be nice to have this fixed and extend closed beta for a couple more days...

#2 Mal3fic

Mal3fic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn NYC

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:14 PM

I second that.
Posted Image

#3 Sram

Sram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:22 PM

I third it, Happens alot, I have to keep spamming the join button on match making to join a game.  Im sure its a bug, but please work on fixing it, since its rather a big bug, if we can't even get in a server to play at all.

#4 Silent_Service

Silent_Service

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:29 PM

Same here, sometimes if I exit the game and rejoin it helps, but it won't let me join empty servers to help start games.

#5 Frogler

Frogler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:31 PM

Same here

#6 BigO

BigO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:43 PM

I was in a game and after the match was over it told me I had lost connection to host I figured ok, maybe it was because I was in the options menu changing something.  Then after I could retrieve server list and refresh the server list I could not find a connection to any host game at all.  Kept telling me I would either lose connection or was unable to join.

EDIT:
If you restart your client it seems to work fine.

Edited by BigO, October 28 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#7 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted October 28 2012 - 12:47 PM

Yesterday the majority of the servers were full and the matchmaker could not find anything. And there were even servers with -1/-1 capacity. But today the server browser finds a lot of empty servers but I am unable to join them. I was not able to play even a single Siege game. The matchmaker mostly founds DM servers if it is set to any gametype.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#8 CrimsonZA

CrimsonZA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:54 PM

I see there's a lot of topics exactly like this.

I have the same Problem , I've yet too even play a game of hawken.
Doesn't even try to connect to a server that has over 8 users , never connects to an empty one.
it tries to connect for 10 minutes then loses connection to the host then it resyncs my account.

#9 OrbitaLinx

OrbitaLinx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOrange County, USA

Posted October 30 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yes I am also having problems connecting to servers and today I got in to be droped emediatly. My account also has issues syncing when logging in or after a match and I have to restart the game sometimes more than once.

#10 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:50 AM

View PostOrbitaLinx, on October 30 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Yes I am also having problems connecting to servers and today I got in to be droped emediatly. My account also has issues syncing when logging in or after a match and I have to restart the game sometimes more than once.
That's because this beta phase is now officially over.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#11 Calanthe

Calanthe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:33 AM

I tried playing several times over the Beta weekend and had the same problem. In the end I played much less than I would have otherwise simply because I couldn't be bothered with having to attempt to join 10+ apparently open servers before finally getting into a match. To say this is buggy is an understatement.

The beta weekend was delayed because you would get thrown out of a server at the end of the match, but it wasn't delayed even knowing people would have a bad experience getting in a match in the first place_

Frankly, this is an integral part of the game and made for a very sour experience.

Edited by Calanthe, October 31 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#12 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostCalanthe, on October 31 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

I tried playing several times over the Beta weekend and had the same problem. In the end I played much less than I would have otherwise simply because I couldn't be bothered with having to attempt to join 10+ apparently open servers before finally getting into a match. To say this is buggy is an understatement.

The beta weekend was delayed because you would get thrown out of a server at the end of the match, but it wasn't delayed even knowing people would have a bad experience getting in a match in the first place_

Frankly, this is an integral part of the game and made for a very sour experience.

It's a beta if you expect anything else your in it for the wrong reasons. There is going to be problems and issues for everyone.

You don't see me bitching that I wasn't able to play a lot because of the server issues Saturday night.

Suck it up.

#13 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 31 2012 - 12:15 PM

Your closed beta invite key was this:
- an invitation to test Hawken
- an invitation to give your feedback about Hawken
- an invitation to play Hawken and have fun

Note that "play and have fun" is the last of the three. You'll also notice there are no guarantees that the game will run smoothly, consistently, or properly. That's why it's in an invitation-only testing phase.

Hawken Closed Beta 1 Testers: You suffer with the broken parts because you believe in the whole.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users