HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

My HawkenSystemSettings & HawkenEngine Files

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:00 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Montiblanc, October 28 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#2 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:01 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Montiblanc, October 28 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#3 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:05 PM

the files changed are under DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig

1st one is HawkenSystemSettings & next is HawkenEngine.

there are other files in other areas like where you installed C something HawkenInstalledHawkenFilesEngineConfig
i did not change anything here even though i noticed alot of similar content in those files which are unchanged at default not sure if that conflicts would need an expert opinion

I made the changes according to descriptions in a page about hawken ini fles(with info to improve performance for non nvidia cards)
https://docs.google....94YnhHN0E#gid=0

My low mid range computer has some trouble running the game processor gets really hot and computer gets really loud. They still do just not as much i would like to think & also think im getting playable performance. May not work for you i dont know. I made copies of them to another folder when updates happen and change the files. I think they only really change the
[IniVersion]
0=1351372852.000000
1=1351372816.000000
something like that at the end with the updates so i can use the separate copied files to jusr paste over it while keeping the new ini version info intact. Although at the moment i have the files in the original folder with Read only slected in properties which i might change with new updates.

Also to note these are for an Nvidia card in mind & also its not for max performance just more performance im guessing  - _ -

Edited by Montiblanc, October 28 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#4 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 09:18 PM

Posting in what is going to hold the title for being "Thread with longest damn scroll bar" for the forseeable future.

Could I suggest putting spoiler tags on all the ini settings_ Or maybe just attach them to the post_

Also, so that we don't have to trawl through all of the text, can you just say what you changed so we can get an idea_
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#5 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:18 PM

i honestly dont remember what i changed other than pool size(a very easy to remember word). I would have to go thru that google doc on the hawken ini descriptions all the way from the beginning if i were to lose my files. Also i has no idea how to put spoiler tags. If a mod were to do it i wouldnt mind ~_~

Edited by Montiblanc, October 28 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:20 PM

Could you maybe explain why you're posting a million miles of text in the top of the first post so we don't have to scroll past War and Peace to see why you decided to stretch the page out with hundreds of lines of .ini settings that don't matter at all (for example, all the GBA-specific settings) instead of in the third post of the thread_
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:21 PM

Spoiler tags are [ spoiler](stuff you want to mask)[/spoiler] only without a space in the square brackets. (I did that to make the forum not interpret it literally and make it a spoiler.)

Edited by Elix, October 28 2012 - 10:22 PM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#8 Montiblanc

Montiblanc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:47 PM

wow that was easy i feel stupid now even tho with my destroyed mind i prolly am ~_~

#9 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 28 2012 - 10:52 PM

Here's where spoiler tags were hiding in the little editing box.

Just to the left of the font face and font size dropdowns, there's that little square thing to the right of the eraser. Clicking that brings up a box for special BBcodes, including spoiler tags. I'm not sure most of the others will get used often, especially "multi-page articles", but there you go.

Kind of an obscure spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users