HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Few Problems...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SHOE

SHOE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOrangeCounty

Posted October 29 2012 - 10:31 AM

First,,, i cant log in to the website on my laptop.. up top it says -433 days.
second,,, when i open the game, i can login from my laptop but none of the settings save when i exit. like i can rename the bot, but doesnt save it.
third, it says i dont have hawken point things to spend when i have 4800.
last, i saw a post about this already,,, not being able to access actually playing. no matchmaking games found,, theres no training missions,,, i might be mission something but i need help. :P

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 29 2012 - 10:35 AM

You have 0 Hawken Points. You have 4800 Meteor Points. The difference between the two is, Hawken Points are collected by playing. Meteor Points are purchased with money. And upgrades cost less when spending Meteor Points.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 SHOE

SHOE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOrangeCounty

Posted October 29 2012 - 10:56 AM

haha yeah thats what i meant, thanks. but still i cant use them. not sure why.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 29 2012 - 07:24 PM

Try running the Hawken launcher as Administrator.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#5 SHOE

SHOE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOrangeCounty

Posted October 30 2012 - 12:38 AM

i can open/run/play hawken perfectly fine. it doesnt matter if it runs as administrator or not. the problem is that it cant find any matchmaking games, i cant spend any points, it doesnt save when i exit, and i cant login to the website from my laptop, which up top it says "days until launch, -433:##:##:##" which is obviously wrong. but i dont know whats making that happen.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 30 2012 - 03:58 AM

What browser, and is scripting disabled or blocked_

Matchmaking is kind of iffy; wasn't working at all until they made the big changes to fix the "unable to join server" problem everyone was having. Spending points and not saving mech settings could be a few things. Not saving the client options settings sounds like a problem with the INI files not being updated for some reason.

Note that if you download a patch for the game, it resets the graphics settings. That's just going to happen, at least for now. Probably not the case when open beta arrives.

#7 SHOE

SHOE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOrangeCounty

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:18 AM

i tried safari and internet explorer. im a web designer, so i never block scripting. i type in my info, click login, an it just does as if i clicked the refresh button. doesnt log in,, theres no error,, simply refreshes the page. but on the computer im using now, it works perfectly on any browser, but i cant play due to my graphics card driver not being updated. lol, my bad.

about the matchmaking and such. is there a link to a patch or something i can download to start matchmaking_ or is it still not working_
about the not saving, i think its from my exiting the client, not actually closing. like i manually exited out without logging out, or closing the game. which, when doing that on most games, its a very common thing to not save settings. so just as a side note, maybe auto save on exit, so that doesnt happen incase someone loses power or has to close the game really fast, that way their settings save. would be helpful.

i dont mine my settings being reset, just wondering if it was my fault or a bug.

and just,,,, im still really confused in a funny way as to why it would say -433 days remaining. lol if u dont believe me ill post a screenshot tomorrow. its quite funny but to some people, they might not realize its an error and start raging. "you moved the release date!_!_" u know_ k cool. um.. im really tired =.= but i hope tomorrow when i wake up there will be a response here. HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! -insert pumpkin emoticon-

as always, help is appreciated. thanks.

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 01 2012 - 02:47 AM

The first beta test concluded over 24 hours ago. The servers have been shut down until the next closed beta test. Before you ask, no, we don't know when it'll be. No announcements have been made yet.

Several people have reported problems with the site and -433 days remaining. I don't know that a solution's been mentioned.Try Firefox or Chrome; I'm using Chrome dev channel, and after unblocking scripting, works fine.

Regarding patches, the Hawken launcher automatically downloads any patches to the client before starting the actual game client. So, if the launcher downloads an update, at the moment, the INI file's reset to defaults.

Edited by Elix, November 01 2012 - 02:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users