HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Chat window

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 11:31 AM

As I mentioned in a thread discussing siege, the chat window should be extended.  A couple seconds isn't enough time for chat to be visible to teach people how to play if they don't know.

Simple thing to add, and can alleviate many problems of bad players by allowing people to give instructions that don't disappear in a second.

#2 EmuRage

EmuRage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 01:56 PM

It's very true. Also, since chat messages appear right in line with all other announcements they tend to get lost. If I write a message it will be very visible unless someone get's killed right afterward. Then my message get's shrunk and bumped down.

It should be very obvious that the chat messages are not just in game announcements. They either need a dedicated window, a different color, or just appear in a different place on the UI. I have no idea in most matches whether anyone has actually tried to say anything via chat, since they go away so fast and blend in.

#3 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'd prefer a chat box myself.  That way I people can read the past few lines, rather than just the last line like you said.  Also a chat box between games would be nice, rather than having to use the console

#4 Mezion

Mezion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:49 AM

Suggestion: semi-transparent chatbox - activate solidity on text update, then fade to semi-transparency after set period

Edited by Mezion, October 31 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#5 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 08:25 AM

bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users