HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

MatchMaking_

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dogface

Dogface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 04:53 PM

Will there be matchmaking in the final launch_ Or just join a random sever_

I realize this is Beta, but right now I am in a stock mech and up against guys in advanced mechs who also have shields, sentry pods, radar, side-jump thingy and who knows what else. If the final launch is like that I wont play. It will be a noob slaughter.

#2 IceTonic

IceTonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 05:56 PM

There is Matchmaking, and I'm pretty sure there are no plans for it to be removed when Open Beta comes. Unless you want something like Beginner/Unranked/Ranked Matchmaking, then I really do hope so. It would be a lot better for everyone to allow new players to ease into a game and can go into MM with players of similar skill level/experience.

There have been topics about this already, but they disappear quickly with so many topics being created that blanket them.

#3 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted October 29 2012 - 06:07 PM

Yes - that is absolutely something we plan on including for our open beta.  It sucks getting stomped by dudes who have a full loadout of items and who know the maps like the back of their hand haha.
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#4 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted October 29 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yeah you could have bought all those items and side jump thingy(dash) is just done by simply pressing [a/d]+[shift] although I agree that first time players shouldn't get in matches with experienced pilots. The final launch will anyway be n00b slaughter because people like me who prefer using server browser will still be using server browser instead of matchmaking. Then the bodies will start to drop :D

#5 Dogface

Dogface

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:03 AM

Cool, thanks.

And the side jump thingy is lame. should be removed.

#6 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostSaunders, on October 29 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Yes - that is absolutely something we plan on including for our open beta.  It sucks getting stomped by dudes who have a full loadout of items and who know the maps like the back of their hand haha.
Huzzah!

#7 Crimson_Corsair

Crimson_Corsair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 07:58 AM

Just be careful with the matchmaking. It's easy to "reward" people learning the game by constantly throwing them into higher level games, ensuring that they are always on the bottom of the pile.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users