HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Balace suggestions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Antares

Antares

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hello there. I don't know if this is the correct section, so if an admin see this, feel free to move it to a proper section of the forum.

Now, with the matter at hand:

The small and medium mechs are kinda OP. Why_ Well, maybe it's not the fact that small/medium mechs are strong, but the fact that the big Mechs are weak, make them OP.

Sure, big mechs can endure heavy fire, but only for so long. I'm not saying that the big mechs (roketeer, brawler) need to be an "army of one", but in order to actually KILL a small mech we need to burst him down with everything we got. Thats includes offensive items like the big rocket and such. If we do not use the items, we found ourself nearly overheating, so in a team fight, we are suddenly useless for a couple of seconds. I know, the idea is that we timing our shots, and don't do Rambo style. But honestly, the amount of heating generated it's just too much.

Then it's just another but simple fact: movement. Lighter mechs can easily dodge almost every bullet of a big mech, and in the mean time, just keep firing with all they got, almost with 100% accuracy (in almost melee range, that is). And then again, a shot from a Flank cannon (for example) it's not bursting enough to stop the light mech to simply scape.

Now, with this i'm not saying that i cannot kill a single one small mech in my games, actually I endure several of them. But those mechs were either standing still AND shooting, or get caugth fighting with another mech.

So there's my thought about the balance of Hawken. I'm not saying that the game is broken, but sometimes (more often than not) a good light mech pilot it's much more efficent than a heavy mech pilot.

Like always, sorry about my grammar, english it's not my mother tongue.

Thanks for reading!

P.S: Typo error on the title, sorry, i cannot edit it.

Edited by Antares, October 30 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Enter those with the vision to create and the daring to release  their creations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users