HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

GIVE US MORE TIME

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TruSm0ke

TruSm0ke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:16 AM

So the closed beta started on Oct 26th.... and apparently ended last night at midnight (Oct 30th 11:59pm PST)_ And with it came tons of downtime and even more downtime where we couldn't really jump in, test and play Hawken without some sort of connection or server issue cropping up. I've had a chance to play Hawken for a few hours over the last couple days and I just feel like I never really had a chance to really put Hawken through it's paces. What's the point of a closed beta if you're only giving testers a few days_

With all of the crazy stuff going on right now like the hurricane that just ravaged our east coast, holidays, responsibilities and just LIFE in general... It simply just hasn't been enough time!

Edited by TruSm0ke, October 31 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#2 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:19 AM

This was the first in a series of closed betas.

More will be here soon :)
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#3 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostSGRock, on October 31 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

This was the first in a series of closed betas.

More will be here soon :)
Yes, but HOW soon_ I'm gonna go into withdrawal soon...

So... so cold...
Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

#4 Sugarrnspice

Sugarrnspice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:24 AM

seriously craving, i missed the later part of the beta :(

#5 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:25 AM

I've found that games that have closed beta weekends, have multiple closed betas. The game doesn't release till December, I can with uncertainty grantee you that there will be another closed beta in the next 2 weeks.

Let us also not lose fact of the purpose of beta. I'm willing to bet you've not submitted a single bug report. I know these days betas are glorified early access, but considering this isn't one of many companies selling beta access, I can only assume that they're actually beta testing their game. Let them make a great game even better. Just have patience.
Posted Image

#6 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:44 AM

Like Urvanis said, beta's are for testing, not early access.

They were kind enough to extend the beta due to numerous problems with problems in getting into matches.
Now let them work on it, iron out what they can.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#7 TruSm0ke

TruSm0ke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:43 AM

I appreciate the replies.

View PostUrvanis, on October 31 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

I'm willing to bet you've not submitted a single bug report. I know these days betas are glorified early access, but considering this isn't one of many companies selling beta access, I can only assume that they're actually beta testing their game.

How do you know I haven't submitted a bug_ In my post I said I wanted more time for "testing" and tinkering. I felt like it started and was quickly over before I knew it and thus didn't have enough time.

I know what a beta means. I'm fully aware of my responsibilities as a beta tester. Although, sure, I've been interested in this game for awhile now... I still don't treat these beta opportunities as early access or demos. I treat them as a beta. When I agree to enter into a contract for beta access I'm called upon to find errors, bugs, glitches and other anomalies. Report them to the developer so that they can improve the game experience.

Edited by TruSm0ke, October 31 2012 - 07:44 AM.

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:45 AM

In the mean time...

Edit: Hope that it does not bring wrong memories to those pilots who may have viewed Fallen, the movie. Ok_ :)

Edit 2: Now seriously, looking forward to any upcoming testing process for we all.

Edited by The_Silencer, November 02 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users