HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A more comprehensive topic on Puru's thoughts on everything.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted October 31 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hello, you guys. I see a lot of topics and a lot of them are covering separate issues, right_ I had a few ideas for a few sections, and I might as well copypaste the stuff from an old topic to help get my point across:

Friend List Functions:
1: Align the "Add Friend/Mute" function to the selected player's name in the after-match screens. Maybe I did enjoy it with this one guy and want to see him again! But, when I select him, the thing appears at the top of the playerlist. I haven't really a clue if I properly selected the person, or if it even works.

2: Allow addition by email. Some people might not be sure what callsign they use (Because let's face it, not everyone knows how to operate a toaster.) Allowing us to add people by their emails would relieve a lot of stress for people who might have trouble understanding things like that.

3. Allow sending requests to people who are offline.  As it is now, the system automatically slaps you with an error if the friend you want is offline. That's also kind of a major annoyance to me.

4. Implement a small Profile Window that you can view when selecting someone in your friend list. It'll help jog the memory if you end up going "WHO THE HABBO IS THIS_!"

General Design (UI, Parts)
1. Add a catalogue of "Vanity" parts. Successful games have it, and I do like the idea of driving around a gigantic killer rabbit robot. It might not be effective in battle, but it'd be hilarious, and I'm out to have fun. Depending on the "Type" of vanity equipment, you could make it cost more, and give it something special. Like the "Rabbit food joint" would squeak when it walks, for example.

2. Change the Cockpit Colour changer in the menu to be a colour slider. It might be more effective to get what you want. Also add the ability to choose "Black text" for people who want lighter health screens.(LED screens, anyone_)

3. Split the chat and Kills/Deaths into two separate panes. I suggest having the Chat pane under the K/D pane. It is really confusing to have someone's message to CAPTURE that point zoom by as the teammate telling you to do so gets examined by a proctologist with a TOW Launcher.

4. The Paint menu should be more comprehensive, and possibly a little cheaper, if the system isn't going to change anything else. Because everything is individualized to the mech, it makes sense. Besides, Paint is relatively cheap. Also, making the paint scrape off in battle would be a nice touch and should be doable.

5. If you opt to change one thing about how part purchases work, I think making it so Internals, Items, and Spare Body parts should go to an Inventory, so most of it (Aside from body parts which are bound by A, B, C class) can be swapped between mechs. IF you think of it, these mechs are built from scraps. It should stand to reason that it wouldn't be hard to jury-rig the heatsink I bought for my Sharpshooter onto my Rocketeer if I feel it doesn't need it anymore. I wouldn't mind a small price hike to accomodate this.

6. There needs to be an option to change the Damage indicator's shape. As it is right now, I find it kind of hard to read. Give about 3 presets and I'd be happy. The one now is kind of... Bulky.

Controls and Other Settings
1. Move it so the Push to Talk key can be determined under Push to Talk. Most people get disoriented by keybinds and don't look. Also make the Push to Talk option a dropdown menu. Some people are just annoying when you can hear them mouthbreathing the entire round.

2. Instead of a Turn 180 only, I suggest making it so Shift + S autoboosts if you hold it down. OF course it'd send you (now) in a forward direction, but it might help some people who get tripped up by the mechanic.

3. Sync the Pilot Profile with the Forums, maybe_ I'd like to see that pilot icon replaced with my jiggling jello cat, and allow others to see that if they check my profile in game, too. From the looks of it, this is already being thought of, though.

4. When making adjustments to the UI, provide a preview window so you can see how it looks beforehand. I don't want to mess with the FOV switch and then find out I adjusted in the wrong direction. Or make it so that while you are messing with certain fuzzy bunny, a "Test" cockpit appears underneath the slider as long as you hold it.

Balance and Mechanics
1. There's a lot wrong with the game, apparently, but I can only find a few things wrong, and that being... Alternative does which completely remove the HUD make no sense. I didn't realize turning on turret mode turned my cockpit into diamonds and rendered my cockpit completely useless.

2. Make it so C-Class mechs can't get locked in place by collisions as easily. I usually have problems with A-class mechs literally shoving me into a wall and strafing me faster than my bot can really aim at them, and it's sort of annoying. Considering it's a different weight class, I should be able to push the bugger out of the way, instead of getting trapped like that.

3. I think A-Class mechs could use a small health increase in trade for a small mobility reduction. Because if I can near one-shot them with the EOC repeater, I'm obviously good at aiming, but it makes me legitimately believe they don't have near enough health. ... That said, most of the ones I see are usually running first because of their mobility, so maybe it's just my good aim that allows me to hit them at all, and even then, that's kinda rare, and makes them seem just a little bit ridiculous. Again, only my opinion.

4. I think that EMP's, or something like EMP's, should be remote detonated launched devices in order to reduce the amount of people throwing it the first time they see a bunny sneeze. It really feels unfair if they throw an EMP at me and I can just wait it out. Give people some time to think, I guess.

Is there anything I should consider adding to the list_  I'd love to get feedback on what people think of my thoughts, because then we can think together and make this not as sucky of a topic.

I've screwed this topic up twice now. Hopefully it works now.

Edited by Puru, October 31 2012 - 06:55 AM.

Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users