HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[Suggestion] Microphone icon for speaking players

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emikol

Emikol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 07:32 PM

While playing over the weekend either I did not notice or it was not toggled on but it would be nice to have something on the screen show the player who is talking on the mic. Normally it's not too bad to ask 'who is talking_' but from time to time I find that annoying guy who has his mic open 24/7 and is breathing heavy into it... or more amusing yelling at people in the background. If I recall I did notice while holding down tab for the scoreboard you could try to mouse-over names for the options of mute or add friend but with no icon showing who was the mouth breather I left it alone.

If it did show I either did not notice anything telling me who was talking or did not have it enabled. Just my opinion on the matter thanks.

#2 idiot

idiot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 31 2012 - 10:33 PM

Would be cool if some voice indicator was shown on the mini-map too kind of like when you press Z asking for assistance.  So the next time I hear "behind you" in game I can know if he/she is talking to me. :D

#3 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:23 AM

Yes, I think that an on-screen visual indication of who is speaking is necessary in this game.

At one point I was talking to my team via teamspeak yet I didn't realize that I also had my mic off PTT in the in-game setting which was broadcasting my 'heavy breathing' (which was actually my ceiling fan) to everyone.
It was only after I realized that someone was repeatedly typing "could whoever has their mic on, turn if off you breathing is annoying!" that I checked my settings to see that the annoying person was me. (the chat messages disappear way too fast too)

To anyone who was in-game at that time and particularly the person who brought it to my attention via chat, I sincerely apologize.
Posted Image

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 01 2012 - 11:29 AM

View PostEMEUTIER, on November 01 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Yes, I think that an on-screen visual indication of who is speaking is necessary in this game.

At one point I was talking to my team via teamspeak yet I didn't realize that I also had my mic off PTT in the in-game setting which was broadcasting my 'heavy breathing' (which was actually my ceiling fan) to everyone.
It was only after I realized that someone was repeatedly typing "could whoever has their mic on, turn if off you breathing is annoying!" that I checked my settings to see that the annoying person was me. (the chat messages disappear way too fast too)

To anyone who was in-game at that time and particularly the person who brought it to my attention via chat, I sincerely apologize.
Could've been me. I know I told someone something similar to this this weekend...
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users