HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

C-Class Brawler remove turret ablity and change alt primary

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OldDirtyFox

OldDirtyFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOn that side of the planet

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:33 PM

I love the C class mechs but the turret thing is almost useless for the rocketeer its more useable than it is for the brawler, if you use that on the brawler its mostly useless.

I would like to see the brawler's changed from a turret to more of a combat defence mode instead of turning into a turret only half the armor plate comes down allowing for movement and side boosting.

This is can also be used to change the look of the brawler and give each of the current C Class mechs ther own identiy which at the moment ther kinda like twins with diffrent guns by removeing half the armor plate
from the brawler the one that would cover the primary weapon slot.

something along the lines of when used the mech gets

set precentage increase to the primary guns rate of fire
set precentage decrease to the damage taken

no health regen

cost more fuel to use boost movement
slowed movement but increase turn rate
secondary weapon becomes unuseable due to the sheild blocking its path of fire

As for the secondary alt it does not fit the brawler class at all this is a close combat mech
I would switch the alt primary to either the vulcan or the assault rifle the vulcan would fit the heavy
class.

#2 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:43 PM

I agree with the idea behind the suggestion, if not the specific suggestion itself
The SA Hawkins and Turret Mode don't feel like they compliment the Brawler
Though I think having a different slowdown ability would cause the same issue
I would appreciate a +ROF ability though you'd have to be careful when dealing with the % increase
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#3 OldDirtyFox

OldDirtyFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOn that side of the planet

Posted November 01 2012 - 12:50 PM

I agree alot thats why I am not thorwing my own numbers out ther and just saying a set precentage that allows for adjustments to balance it out.
its just if we are gona remove the turret mode then we gota get rid of those armor plates then it just looks like a Fat assault mech runing around.

for the brawler turret mode is a contradiction to its name and its setup for the rocketeer it fits more but still needs adjustments.

#4 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 02:28 PM

To be honest, i was not expecting to agree with the op lol. But i really like the idea of changing the brawlers turret mode into a half the normal armor bonus plus you still get to keep side boost but at an increased fuel cost (and maybe increase the cd as well). I dont think it should block the secondary weapon though.
Posted Image

#5 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted November 01 2012 - 09:09 PM

I don't really like the feel of turret mode. It just doesn't belong imo. It takes waaay too long to get into it/out of it, and most of the time you're better off not even bothering (unless you're trying to hold a specific point and you have teammates to back you up). The idea was interesting to begin with, but a brawler in my eyes is someone that is in your face, heavy-hitting, and jumping into battle (not a slow turret).

The defensive idea is still good, but I think he should retain more mobility than what is offered by turret mode. OP's idea was interesting in the 'half-shield' aspect, gaining more reduction, but still able to pace forward and in different directions. For some reason the image of the marine with combat shield pops into my mind.

Posted Image

Maybe take those huge back wings the Brawler has to move them forward into 'shielded' mode. Attacks made to the front 180 degrees of the brawler would do considerably less damage, the back 180 would still take full. The shield is offset by reduced mobility. I wouldn't mind the activation/deactivation time as long as I could move while this is happening.

Another ability idea to put in place of the turret mode for Brawler could be Charge. Yes, it's unoriginal but it is the staple of any barbarian type class (of which the brawler most represents).
  • Charge: Rushes your mech forward X amount of meters. This doesn't use Fuel since it is a long cooldown special ability.  If the brawler connects with a mech at the end of it, it also damages/pushes them aside (shakes their screen as well_)

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#6 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 02 2012 - 03:56 AM

I agree the turret probably needs to go on the brawler. There should be another way to utilise the canopy to deploy into a more mobile mode so sacrificing the armour bonus and regen for this mobility is probably necessary. I have thought that semi deployed shields may work and like the idea for a charge capability but I am unsure how it can be implemented as it would be an attack that wouldn't generate heat. I don't feel the current mechanics would accommodate such an ability however much I like the sound of it. I'm prepared to be proven wrong on that issue tho.

Also, I wouldn't use an ability that removed my capability to use both my weapons. I rely totally on packing a big heavy punch and I use everything I have to do so. If the shield blocked my secondary I wouldn't use it. I love the idea tho. The shields could just slide over the front of the body like Bumble Bee's yellow mask in transformers. Then you have bonus front armour, reduced speed, fractionally and still regular armour rear and side so you can charge in but have to be cautious you don't get flanked.

Posted Image

#7 TheChaffeemancer

TheChaffeemancer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted November 02 2012 - 08:09 AM

The SA Hawkin is a fine weapon for the Brawler. It's functional up close and gives the Brawler a better long range bite. It's a trade-off you'll want to make sometimes, since the Hawkin is more reliable at long range then the TOW is. It's a matter of do you want to dump all of the damage up close, or be able to soften people up before spitting TOWs at the enemy. Just going "This mech should not have anything for long range ever" doesn't seem like that exciting of an idea. If we could get another type of weapon that was able to hit at long range but better at shorter would be better (That's not just an assault rifle). Just getting an automatic weapon is boring.

Edited by TheChaffeemancer, November 02 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Beep beep, Kiwi's a Chaffeemancer.

#8 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 02 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostTheChaffeemancer, on November 02 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

If we could get another type of weapon that was able to hit at long range but better at shorter would be better (That's not just an assault rifle). Just getting an automatic weapon is boring.
I still think the Point-D Vulcan was the perfect weapon for the Brawler.
It made the Brawler a beast at CQC, and allowed for it to still remain a threat at mid range. It asserted the Brawler's dominance in close quarters, which is what you would expect from a mech called the Brawler.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users