HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open The Training Area For Offline Mode

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Open The Training Area For Offline Mode (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a training map to practice on in Offline Mode_

1. Yes, I prefer to be fully prepared. (19 votes [90.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.48%

2. No, please explain below. (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sincereless

Sincereless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Future

Posted November 03 2012 - 01:32 AM

A simple request.

While the servers are down, the training area is a great place to constantly restructure mech designs and test out playing patterns. Since it doesn't involve any PVP, this will give many players something to do instead of sitting by idly waiting for the next beta.

This should also be always accessible offline once retail hits.There are many players out there that would prefer to test out a mech's movement without ruining their pilot record.

The poll is open for everyone here to speak their voice about this. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sincereless

#2 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted November 03 2012 - 01:59 AM

There are quite a few reasons not to do such a thing. The game isn't out yet and it's not even gone through it's own beta yet so it could be horribly filled with bugs. No way.

Posted Image

#3 Turic

Turic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationRussia - Ukrane, Voronezh - Donetzk

Posted November 03 2012 - 02:02 AM

game have "training" mode, which was enabled in alpha. at this map you can runjumpshoot at mech.
http://hawken.ru/ - Русский сайт об игре [RUssian site]
http://vk.com/hawken - сообщество вКонтакте [VKcom]

#4 Marauder66

Marauder66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted November 03 2012 - 04:03 AM

Aren't we supposed to be finding the bugs. It worked well before the beta and gave me a chance to work out the controls. It also means we could all be running round the maps to see if there are any more issues we didn't find in the heat of combat.

It wasn't the full training mode, just the console which allowed you to open the maps and chuck in a couple of bots to shoot

Edited by Marauder66, November 03 2012 - 04:04 AM.

Posted Image

HOP ON

#5 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 04 2012 - 03:22 AM

No and here is why:

The dev's require focused periods of testing for things such as stress testing, etc. Should it come about we can play in any game mode offline, not when it is needed, less people will flood onto the servers if they feel they can play it any time they choose.

We are supposed to be finding bugs, but not in something that will not be in the final build. I suspect what has been seen in the past which I shall not comment on (NDA) was in early infancy stages will be vastly improved for the final release, or at least open beta. Until then, finding bugs in an incomplete section of the game is rather fruitless as things I feel will change.

Giving us back the console will allow us to play with bots when ever we so chose. As I stated above, this will make the closed beta weekends less important to some of the testers and result in less focused feedback. Additionally, each stage of the closed beta will be a new build of the game, improving on the last with specific goals for what the dev's wish to achieve. Last test was a great stress test and the next might be different. We shall see. There is loads of feedback currently on the forum and Hawken is a pretty small team relatively speaking. They need time to sift through the posts. More feedback isn't going to bring up anything new with the current build.

Additionally, it's not a complex game by any standards. It is easy to pick up having played pretty much any fps and only takes a few rounds to learn the ins and outs. Same goes for the maps. There is a radar and mini-map you can bring up in game to learn them faster is you so require.

View PostTuric, on November 03 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

game have "training" mode, which was enabled in alpha. at this map you can runjumpshoot at mech.

Just so you know, that's breaking the NDA

Edited by Subdivision, November 04 2012 - 03:25 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted November 04 2012 - 04:12 AM

I'm no software developer, but my understanding is that, unlike alpha testing, beta testing is a way for the developers to empirically test, analyse and gather feedback about specific and discreet aspects of some software in order to iron out bugs, gauge audience response, etc. With this in mind, I would imagine that Adhesive have a hierarchical checklist of features and functionality that needs testing, the important stuff presumably at the top of the list (matchmaking, network stability, equipment and item balance, etc.), and the training area somewhere a few rungs below.

So, all in good time, I'd imagine!

Edited by Roundlay, November 04 2012 - 04:15 AM.

#7 Marauder66

Marauder66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted November 04 2012 - 06:01 AM

Although I agree with what the last two guys are saying in principle, all we are talking about is opening up the console while we wait for beta two so we can practice movement and look round the maps. No way is the console a replacement for the game and the bots are nothing short of cardboard targets as they have no AI at present.

They can then disable it again pror to beta two starting as they did before beta 1.

i just miss running around in my mech. :D

Posted Image

HOP ON

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users