HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

BETA INFORMATION! Can't download, can't play_ Check here. New CBE2 update info.

Announcement Beta Community News Update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 05 2012 - 05:48 AM

After seeing countless threads pop up by people who can't/don't/won't search the official announcement forums or check the first couple pages for related topics, I'd thought I'd post this.

If you can't download or play the game...
It's because the first closed beta event (CBE1) has ended and the servers are offline.
They will come back on Thursday with the start of Closed Beta Event 2 (CBE2).

INFO ABOUT CBE2:

http://community.pla...sked-questions/

View PostMerryAgony, on November 05 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

When is the next Closed Beta Event_
Our second Beta Event begins Thursday November 8 around 12:00 PM Pacific and will close Tuesday November 13 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Not sure what time that is for you_ Here's a handy world clock to help you see what time Pacific time is in your time zone. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Will you be wiping between the last Closed Beta Event and this one_
No, you can continue building out that battle mech you've come to know and love.

Will there be more Closed Beta Events_
Yes! We'll be announcing future events at a later date.

How do I know I'm in the latest closed Beta Event_
If you were in Alpha 2 or Closed Beta Event 1, you're set! Additionally, you should receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the event along with a download link.

How do I get a code_
We've given codes to a few select partners, and when we hear they're handing out codes, we'll be sure to announce it on our Twitter and Facebook, as well as here on the forums.

How do I redeem my code_
Got your hands on a Closed Beta code_ Congrats! Log into your account (or create one!) on the PlayHawken.com website. See on the upper right side of the navigation bar there_ That little section that says "Redeem Code"_ Click that and put your code in!

How do I download the Closed Beta client_
Once we're ready to release the Closed Beta client, you'll receive an email from us with a download link. You will need to uninstall the Alpha 2 client if you have it installed.

I played in the Alpha 2 Event but didn't make it into the last Closed Beta. Do I need to download a new client_
Yes, you'll need to uninstall the Alpha client before downloading the current Beta client.

I played in the last Beta event; will I need a new download_
You won't need to re-download the client. The HAWKEN launcher will patch up to the newest version.

I was invited to the last Closed Beta Event but didn't make it in. How do I download the game_
You will receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the Closed Beta Event, along with a download link. If you are logged in, you can also check on your status here: http://www.playhawken.com/beta

Can I post footage of Closed Beta_
YES! There is no NDA with Closed Beta, feel free to discuss your experiences and upload media!

Help! I broke it!
If you're having issues with Closed Beta at all, be sure to check out the Closed Beta Support section of the forums. http://community.pla...ed-beta-support

http://community.pla...tive-announced/

View PostScapes, on November 05 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Can't stop thinking about HAWKEN_ Then it must be time to return to the field of battle!

We're proud to announce that HAWKEN's second Closed Beta event will begin this week from Thursday, November 8, to Tuesday, November 13. Be sure to follow HAWKEN on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Raptr, and Reddit for the latest news about Closed Beta code giveaways. Already participated in one of our previous events_ Then you're all set for Closed Beta Event 2 and don't need to redeem a new code!

We're also announcing that we'll be offering pre-sale bundle packages to kick off this event. HAWKEN fans can join the Vanguard Initiative by purchasing one of four bundles. Bundles will be pre-sold at a discount here on PlayHawken.com and will be priced at $5, $15, $30, and $60. Items and currencies granted by these bundles will be in pilots' mech garages at Open Beta on December 12, 2012 (12/12/12).

Get ready to mount up, mech pilots! More details on the Vanguard Initiative and Closed Beta Event 2 are coming this week!

If you have technical issues regarding the beta, please check the Beta Support forums (http://community.pla...d-beta-support/) for possible solutions.

This is a post a dev made regarding Closed Beta

View PostMerryAgony, on October 22 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Welcome to the Closed Beta forums! You’ll find everything you need to know about the HAWKEN Closed Beta tests here!

What happened to the Alpha forums_  
As we’re moving into Closed Beta, the Alpha forums have been retired. As everything in the Alpha section is under NDA, we will not be moving threads out of the Alpha forums. (Yes we still have them, everyone’s ideas and feedback are safe and sound.)

How do I get a code_
We’ve given codes to a few select partners, and when we hear they’re handing out codes, we’ll be sure to announce it on our Twitterand Facebook, as well as here on the forums.

How do I redeem my code_
Got your hands on a Closed Beta code_ Congrats! Log into your account (or create one!) on the PlayHawken.com website. See on the upper right side of the navigation bar there_ That little section that says "Redeem Code"_ Click that and put your code in!

How do I download the Closed Beta client_
Once we're ready to release the Closed Beta client, you'll receive an email from us with a download link. You will need to uninstall the Alpha 2 client if you have it installed.

Can I post footage of Closed Beta_
YES! There is no NDA with Closed Beta, feel free to discuss your experiences and upload media!

Help! I broke it!
If you’re having issues with Closed Beta, please post them here in the Closed Beta Support forum. We'll be keeping an eye open!

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 06 2012 - 03:15 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 05 2012 - 05:50 AM

Yay, someone sticky this immediately!

EDIT: Where's Conquistador's jingle_

Edited by ArnieF4440, November 05 2012 - 05:51 AM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 05 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostArnieF4440, on November 05 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

EDIT: Where's Conquistador's jingle_
Why, right here.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#4 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 05 2012 - 07:16 AM

Stickey this and put it in EVERY SECTION OF THE FORUM !
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#5 NYPD

NYPD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostSGRock, on November 05 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

Probably not going to help, some people have a habbit of being ignorant & will ask anyway

Alienware X51 | i7 3770 Ivy Bridge | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | 8 GB RAM | Astro A40

Posted Image

#6 Dbes

Dbes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted November 05 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostNYPD, on November 05 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Probably not going to help, some people have a habbit of being ignorant & will ask anyway

"Hey guys. I can't seem to log into the game or play anything. I also can't access any of my Hawken points. Why do they keep getting reset_ I'm so pissed with Meteor entertainment, this games sucks. I hate Hawken. There arn't enough weapons and I keep losing. If there were more weapons and mechs and things I could win more but I cant win because this game sucks I hate it."

- There is nothing like a Vulture -

#7 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 05 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostNYPD, on November 05 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

View PostSGRock, on November 05 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

There will always be those who post first and think later. Can't do jack about them.
But this sticking this would help the people who just aren't looking hard enough or just missing (somehow) one of the many threads about this beta stuff.

I'm actually a bit confused, because both the Beta Suggestions and Beta Support forum have stickied dev posts that address the things that this thread is about, yet the Beta Discussion doesn't.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 05 2012 - 02:15 PM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#8 NIGHTRAV3N

NIGHTRAV3N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks AsianJoyKiller. Hopefully the n00bs of the community will see this and answer their questions.

"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

#9 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:17 PM

Much like the old saying but applies quite well here simple but to the point *Look before you post*
save your self the embarrassment of asking a question answered many times over :blink:
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Community, News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users