HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What do you think of the Mek Fu controller for Hawken by Ripleigh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:34 AM

If you haven't seen it
http://www.destructo...oo-229070.phtml

I thought this was pretty interesting and as mentioned in the article it reminded me of the old Steel Battalion control.

While it looks impressive, I wonder if it would have any practical purpose for hawken beyond the sheer immersive feel. One thing they've assured is the controller is fully reprogrammable and has a keboard which helps give it flexibliy beyond hawken. If they add the stand alone Joystick idea that would make the whole set-up much more desireable.

I'm on the fence about this sort of product. I imagine it'll feel great used alongside the oculus rift but from a competitive standpoint I just don't know enough from experience if it would be worth it.

(Also posted in public general section due to players favoring one area over the other.)
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:48 AM

As far as gimmicky accessories go, I like it.
It's very, very appealing that you can use it beyond Hawken and if they include a standalone joystick, I think it'd actually be a pretty good purchase.

My only real problem with it (besides the fact I'd have no room for it) is that I can't see myself aiming better with a joystick than my mouse.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:59 AM

"Sweaty hands slip off- Lt. Amanda."
-- Archer MacLean (orig.)

#4 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:59 AM

Joysticks never add anything other than "immersion" unless it's a flight sim.

#5 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted November 05 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm so buying it.  Not only for Hawken, but also to use for Kerbal Space Program.  I'm a sucker for cool peripherals. :D
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users