HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Closed Beta Event 2: Frequently Asked Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted November 05 2012 - 06:08 PM

When is the next Closed Beta Event_
Our second Beta Event begins Thursday November 8 around 12:00 PM Pacific and will close Tuesday November 13 at 11:59 PM Pacific. Not sure what time that is for you_ Here's a handy world clock to help you see what time Pacific time is in your time zone. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Will you be wiping between the last Closed Beta Event and this one_
No, you can continue building out that battle mech you've come to know and love.

Will there be more Closed Beta Events_
Yes! We'll be announcing future events at a later date.

How do I know I'm in the latest closed Beta Event_
If you were in Alpha 2 or Closed Beta Event 1, you're set! Additionally, you should receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the event along with a download link.

How do I get a code_
We've given codes to a few select partners, and when we hear they're handing out codes, we'll be sure to announce it on our Twitter and Facebook, as well as here on the forums.

How do I redeem my code_
Got your hands on a Closed Beta code_ Congrats! Log into your account (or create one!) on the PlayHawken.com website. See on the upper right side of the navigation bar there_ That little section that says "Redeem Code"_ Click that and put your code in!

How do I download the Closed Beta client_
Once we're ready to release the Closed Beta client, you'll receive an email from us with a download link. You will need to uninstall the Alpha 2 client if you have it installed.

I played in the Alpha 2 Event but didn't make it into the last Closed Beta. Do I need to download a new client_
Yes, you'll need to uninstall the Alpha client before downloading the current Beta client.

I played in the last Beta event; will I need a new download_
You won't need to re-download the client. The HAWKEN launcher will patch up to the newest version.

I was invited to the last Closed Beta Event but didn't make it in. How do I download the game_
You will receive an email confirming your invitation prior to the start of the Closed Beta Event, along with a download link. If you are logged in, you can also check on your status here: http://www.playhawken.com/beta

Can I post footage of Closed Beta_
YES! There is no NDA with Closed Beta, feel free to discuss your experiences and upload media!

Help! I broke it!
If you're having issues with Closed Beta at all, be sure to check out the Closed Beta Support section of the forums. http://community.pla...ed-beta-support

#2 WAVER

WAVER

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted November 06 2012 - 04:19 AM

cant wait!
NEW ADDRESS- europeandevils.enjin.com
Posted Image

#3 raullavilla

raullavilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 03:48 PM

i can download because it sais
help me please

#4 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 07 2012 - 03:55 PM

Making more posts about this problem will not fix your problem.

Reading the many answers about this problem would fix your problem.

THE GAME IS OFFLINE UNTIL THURSDAY AND THIS IS ONLY WEDNESDAY!!!!!
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:44 AM

SGRock, my beta test brother. I share your frustration with people who don't research the forums before posting.

But take a few deep breaths. Not everyone lives in the same time zone, and most people aren't used to thinking about global time zones. At NO time is the entire planet on one single day, thanks to the time zones stretching from -12 to +14 (thank you, Kiribati).

Let's try and be more positive and welcoming for the next round of beta testing, hm_
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted November 08 2012 - 04:21 AM

Although it's clear we have to wait till 12PM PDT, I understand the POV of the newcomers. They were sent an email (just like anyone else, including us, the "vets") saying "play now" "download", etc. I myself tried to patch my already installed Beta client, as I received the email. But UNLIKE BETA 1, we are not allowed to get things set before they open the servers. What, IMHO, is not a good move, as maybe (I'm saying maybe!!!) we'll have some problems patching the game due to overload.

Edited by Saint_The_Judge, November 08 2012 - 10:37 AM.

Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users