HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unnable to retrieve manifest_ READ THIS!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 SirMilagres

SirMilagres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted November 07 2012 - 06:57 PM

Try opening again tomorrow (thursday) at 12h00 PM Pacific time, it might work ;)

edit: Oh, try NOT oppening after November 13 after 11h59 PM, it might not work.

Edited by SirMilagres, November 07 2012 - 06:58 PM.

Best weapon on a zombie outbreak_ Mechs.

#2 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted November 07 2012 - 07:03 PM

lol I'm suprised so many people are trying log on already.  I wasn't gonna try until tomorrow since as the annoucement said, the beta opens Thursday.

Good thing for the Devs and also good for me since I'll have plenty of prey muhahahaha
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#3 Rotorymaniac

Rotorymaniac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 07 2012 - 08:01 PM

It is retarded that they send you an email saying DOWNLOAD THE GAME!!! ... but not let you download until servers are up. Counter productive...

#4 randoomed

randoomed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:09 AM

i think most people are trying to patch their game so they are ready for the open beta (and dont have to wait for it to download when the beta is open)
in the last beta event the download was available 2 days before the start of the beta.
also yes its kind of strange they send out the email if the servers aint up yet.

#5 Fragxile

Fragxile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, I was kind of hoping to get the game patched up to date before the servers opened so I could get straight into the killing. One would have thought the patch server could be started some time in advanced for just that reason.

Making posts calling anyone stupid for trying to download the game or patch it ahead of time isn't the best way to welcome a new batch of testers to the forums. It is quite a reasonable expectation afterall that you'll be able to start a download of something before it becomes useful. But maybe a full day ahead of time was a bit optimistic.

#6 Inhaleddruegz

Inhaleddruegz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 12:33 AM

lol I thought it was something wrong with my proxy

#7 groowagon

groowagon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostRotorymaniac, on November 07 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

It is retarded that they send you an email saying DOWNLOAD THE GAME!!! ... but not let you download until servers are up. Counter productive...
this.

#8 Tijgerbos

Tijgerbos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 02:28 AM

Well I got the message on my mail and thoughed: AWESOME!!!!!! called a friend (who was still sleeping) out of his bed to came play ^^, only after I reinstalled it (reinstaleld my windows not long ago) that I knowtest that I couldnt play yet o_o' how shall I explain it to him ^^ lol ^^.
Also I got 2 e-mails from them so I thoughed ^^ it works and they are waiting ^^. in neather of the e-mails there is a time noted, so everyone would think it already works.

Well I hope it is up soon ^^ then I know what  I want to play untill the 13th ^^
Hope to see you all ingame ^^

so maybe next time int the e-mail a time ^^

Edited by Tijgerbos, November 08 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#9 SirMilagres

SirMilagres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:07 AM

Gigantic wall of text alert!
(sorry, but I had to write all of it)

View PostRotorymaniac, on November 07 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

ermmm, would you like to download only on 12pm today, where everyone is trying to download at the same time_
No, they give you the option to download BEFORE it just so you can play the game as soon the severs are up.

And guys... you're expected to read the e-mail they sent you.
They were very clear that the servers will be up on Thursday 12:00 PM Pacific time
Its common sense that you won't be able to play it before it.

Also, "download now" is very different from 'play now', specially when they told you that THE SERVERS ARE NOT UP YET!!

View PostFragxile, on November 08 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

Making posts calling anyone stupid for trying to download the game or patch it ahead of time isn't the best way to welcome a new batch of testers to the forums. It is quite a reasonable expectation afterall that you'll be able to start a download of something before it becomes useful. But maybe a full day ahead of time was a bit optimistic.

I'm sorry, I didn't meant to call anyone stupid or anything (which I'm pretty sure I didnt do), just help people out and make them stop creating  multiple threads asking the same thing.

See, you might think thats a 'reasonable expectation', but I have a different view of what this might be:
Reasonable expactation would be someone read the whole e-mail that explained everything you need to now.
Still got questions_ There is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread that just might help you out.
And yet you have unanswered questions_ Time to use the 'search' function. Be sure if the same doubt havnt been answered on another topic.
Did all that and still have doubts_ NOW you create a thread.

All the above are quickier than creating topic and wait someone to answer it, but no, some people just don't do that.
I didn't call you guys stupid, is that I can't help to be a little pissed off with all this.
I'm SURE some of the staff get pissed off with this too, but they would never made a reply like mine. They're professionals, and they will patiently answer all your (already answered) questions.

So I do it for them. A thread with a little sarcasm just to give you guys a hint of what is expected of you.
(which is, in case you didn't get it: read and THEN ask. In that specific order whith no exceptions)
You made a mistake. Thats okay, just don't do it again, now that you know what to do.
(and yet I'm sure somene on wednesday will say "I can't play it! WTF, this game sucks")

Edited by SirMilagres, November 08 2012 - 05:46 AM.

Best weapon on a zombie outbreak_ Mechs.

#10 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:14 AM

I have to say, the emails were confusing. If I didn't know better, I would think that the beta got a jumpstart early, and then I'd be confused about why the launcher doesn't find the manifest.

Confusion is natural, especially if you are a brand new tester and this is your first experience with installing Hawken.

So go easy, SirMilagres. People should use common sense and search the forums, but it's not their fault that they got emails that are, effectively, hours too early.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#11 Denea

Denea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:20 AM

Why not open it up earlier than 12PM PST, which for me is 3PM.  I'm off all morning, and now won't get the chance to play since I can't download it until late afternoon...plus it being a huge download.

#12 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:28 AM

Because that's when Adhesive and Meteor are launching the test. Very few people, comparatively speaking, are going to be at home at 10am with nothing to do but play Hawken. I am not making any derogatory implications regarding the people who are going to be able to play at that time. It's just that most people do have a regular 9-5 style schedule. Yes, I know people are across multiple time zones as well. It also takes a lot of preparation on the back end, and I'm going to presume that they couldn't find anyone who was willing to come into the office at 5am to begin setting up the servers and everything.

The download's about 2GB, although I don't know how much bigger this download will be over the first beta test's size.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#13 JOTAS

JOTAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:28 AM

14:28 They are not working in Spain and the dela download beta, still collapsed_

Edited by JOTAS, November 08 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#14 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostJOTAS, on November 08 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

14:28 They are not working in Spain and the dela download beta, still collapsed_
12pm Pacific Standard Time. GMT-8. You will need to wait seven more hours.

#15 Hotel6

Hotel6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationViệt Nam, HCMC.

Posted November 08 2012 - 07:02 AM

The forums are lacking a HUGE RED SIGN with "HH/MM/SS" TILL CBT 2 SERVERS GOES LIVE.

#16 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 08 2012 - 07:32 AM

Beta is Closed until: http://bit.ly/S07n3P
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

#17 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted November 08 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi all,
You are unable to download the manifest because the servers are not yet open. Servers will be up around 12:00noon pst.

Locking this thread just to consolidate posts to a single thread.

See you on the battlefield!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users