HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Automatic Restart on Install - NOT OK

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frolick

Frolick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:17 PM

I installed Hawken a few mins ago on Win 7 x64 and at then end of the install, the installer says that my computer will restart in less than one min. That is not acceptable. EVER. I don't care if you need to install something the requires a restart but you need to give users the final decision on when they want to restart, not do it automatically.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 03:29 PM

That sounds like something from DirectX or one of the other redistributables, because those mess with the OS. Hawken just installs itself and lets Windows know it's there.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 SmileyBarry

SmileyBarry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 05:10 PM

I doubt it's one of them. Steam has installed countless DirectX & .NET Framework Redistributables without restarts. Plus, after the restart, an installer containing the licence agreements for these redistributeables pops up and stops Windows from logging in until I dismiss it.

This was done with "shutdown -r -t 30" or some other time period under 60 seconds.

#4 Vaalerian

Vaalerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:56 AM

I don't know either what caused the restart, but fact is that Hawken was installing in the background while i was doing other things, and suddenly my computer restarted.
Hopefuly i didnt have any unsaved work or stuff, because it seemed like a forced reboot (no "do you want to save" prompts, no waiting for processes to exit properly, etc ...).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users