HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Some quick thoughts from a 'brand new player' PoV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RootWyrm

RootWyrm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:11 PM

Not going to pretend I'm a veteran of anything but mech games in general. So take this as the 'new player perspective' sort of suggestion pile.

- Server filters and sorting. Please move this to the top of the priority pile. I gave NS2 no end of fuzzy bunny about it because their response for a YEAR was "use this user mod." I cannot take a server browser without any sorting or filtering seriously at all.
- Change Mech and add parts/upgrades after joining server. Is this possible_ It'd be nice. Swapping weapons only gets me so far when I want to, for example, counter a sniper and nobody's got a sharpshooter without rejoining.
- Better explanation of XP vs HP vs MC, and clearer explanations as to how/where it's awarded and where it goes. I got enough XP to get an upgrade, but I had no idea I did. No notification at all that I'd gotten an upgrade there.
- Maaaaybe you wanna take the HTML out of chat guys. I'm not saying I would do bad things or that it's possible, but, yeah. I had to resist the urge to abuse that one.
- Scoreboard's pretty ... unclear as to who's on my team. I say that as someone who's been playing FPSes for a long time. So, please look at it_

Just my $0.02. Have at it. Something tells me I'm going to be logging way too many hours in game as is. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users