HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Int/Ext parts swapping and missiles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 08 2012 - 05:13 PM

I think that players should have the option to swap out internal and external parts within a game lobby, just as they are able to swap primary weapons. It sucks that, If I want to stay in a server, I can't if I want to make minor adjustments in terms of int/ext parts.

Also, I think that missiles in flight should show up on radar. Missiles, for all intents and purposes, should also give off heat signatures. If people are worried that that would make them even easier to dodge, then the missile cruise speeds could be increased slightly for balancing purposes. Either way, I feel like it only makes sense.
Posted Image

#2 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostBlackCephie, on November 08 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

I think that players should have the option to swap out internal and external parts within a game lobby, just as they are able to swap primary weapons. It sucks that, If I want to stay in a server, I can't if I want to make minor adjustments in terms of int/ext parts.

We totally agree!  You can expect to see that feature in the future :D

View PostBlackCephie, on November 08 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Also, I think that missiles in flight should show up on radar. Missiles, for all intents and purposes, should also give off heat signatures. If people are worried that that would make them even easier to dodge, then the missile cruise speeds could be increased slightly for balancing purposes. Either way, I feel like it only makes sense.

This is a cool idea!  We'll think about ways we could do something like this without having to overhall our missile balance or radar UI
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#3 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 08 2012 - 07:29 PM

How about showing the TOW rocket on radar too, for cool airburst shenanigans_ ^_^

Posted Image

#4 driftaholic

driftaholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ, USA

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:26 PM

Agreed, should be able to access garage and lvl your mech during intermission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users