HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Anyone with password problems_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Krycius

Krycius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have been unable to get into the beta because when i attempt to load the game i have to enter my name and password and it continually says invalid password. Its the same password used to log into this hawken account and post on these threads. It seems tech support is unable to figure out my issues and keeps telling me to reset my password which i do every time. This issue kept me out of the last beta weekend and i think if it does again this weekend im gonna write this game off for good.

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:28 PM

I would try pasting your password in. Also make sure that you don't have any unusual keyboard configuration (unusual compared to an English-language US keyboard layout, that is). You are entering your email address and not your Hawken callsign in on the login box, right_ I'm pretty confident that you are, but it's best to make sure instead of making assumptions.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Raaven

Raaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:03 AM

I do have a normal N. American key board. I tried pasting it in but the loader does not allow me to past into the password box, it must be typed. this sucks, i really wanted to play but ....

#4 Raaven

Raaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:11 AM

OK FIGURED OUT THE ISSUE!  maybe i did not see it anywhere, or didnt read something corectly but DO NOT use special characters in your password. while the web site will see the characters, the logg in manager will not....

#5 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:00 AM

Also, you can paste your password into the launcher.

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:23 AM

Er, no, Lithium03, the problem was that OP was using symbols that the launcher doesn't recognize or accept.

Which is a bit of a bug, since the website and launcher should apply the same rules for passwords.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#7 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostElix, on November 09 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Er, no, Lithium03, the problem was that OP was using symbols that the launcher doesn't recognize or accept.

Which is a bit of a bug, since the website and launcher should apply the same rules for passwords.

Read his 2nd to last post, it wouldn't let me him paste at all, this is true if you paste into the game (hawken32 shipping.exe) but the launcher does allow you to paste, as I was pointing out.

#8 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:08 AM

Good point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users