HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EOC repeater.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:51 PM

Seriously, is this some kind of joke_
Posted Image

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:53 PM

It needs work.

I've only died to them due to bad luck, or severe incompetence.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:04 AM

/agree
Posted Image

#4 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:23 AM

What happened to it_ So far I haven't noticed any changes, but I've only played like 3 rounds.
Desert Fox

#5 bac9

bac9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:22 AM

I haven't noticed any differences in comparison with CBT1, however I wanted to ask everyone a thing that was bugging me for quite a while.

How the hell it's supposed to be used_ I've always switched to secondary on my Rocketeer because EOC seemed to be ridiculously ineffective. Okay, it can be charged by holding LMB long enough, raising the damage to reasonable levels. And sometimes, on a lucky day, you'll encounter some dude that's too close to you and is moving with low transversal velocity that will fail to avoid your salvo. I'm having a hard time finding an application for it other than finishing retreating enemies. Or tickling bad sharpshooters standing still in the open for long enough. All and all, EOC salvos seem to be quite easy to dodge and I'm not seeing significant damage from non-charged shots, which makes this weapon sub-optimal choice both for ranged combat and in unexpected close quarters combat.

What am I doing wrong_ Also, are there any stats available_ Would be handy to know base/charged damage output, is there any area damage or only direct hits count, and other stuff like that.

Edited by bac9, November 09 2012 - 03:28 AM.

#6 z121231211

z121231211

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:26 AM

EOC Repeater will shoot things that can stick to surfaces and blow up whenever an enemy mech is near them. I try to shoot them on the ground where I think the enemy will move to.
Desert Fox

#7 bac9

bac9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:33 AM

Oh damnit! And here I wondered why nothing explodes after they hit surfaces. Nice, at least I can place them around to protect my fat Rocketeer. : )

What is the cap for amount of stickied explosives and does charging affect them_ Or charging is only increasing the direct hit damage_ What's an approximate explosion radius_

Edited by bac9, November 09 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#8 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:36 AM

View Postbac9, on November 09 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

Oh damnit! And here I wondered why nothing explodes after they hit surfaces. Nice, at least I can place them around to protect my fat Rocketeer. : )

What is the cap for amount of stickied explosives and does charging affect them_ Or charging is only increasing the direct hit damage_

The delay between shooting and detonation is less than your reload speed, so only a single salvo can be out at a time. It's not a proxy mine gun :P "charging" your gun is simply loading up to 3 more rounds into it before firing, for a total of 6 iirc

Edited by Lithium03, November 09 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#9 bac9

bac9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:39 AM

View PostLithium03, on November 09 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

The delay between shooting and detonation is less than your reload speed, so only a single salvo can be out at a time. It's not a proxy mine gun :P "charging" your gun is simply loading up to 3 more rounds into it before firing, for a total of 6 iirc
Oh, so basically it's for situations when you can predict your opponent movements, then proceeding to cover their path with explosives. Like when you know someone will rush out of a certain cover in a second, so you shoot EOC rounds into the floor there. I guess it's similar to skills involved in playing with GL on A-class mechs_

Is explosion radius comparable to GL (probably then compensated by lower individual damage per round), or noticeably smaller_

Edited by bac9, November 09 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#10 Lithium03

Lithium03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:58 AM

That's basically it. The explosion radius is much smaller, so it's best to aim at the ground for them to walk over, unless you predict them hugging the wall as they chase/dodge.

#11 MojoNixon

MojoNixon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 04:38 AM

Honestly- don't use it as a mine layer, you'll be more effective just hitting the enemy with the initial shots.  Build up a charge and lead slighlty, the projectiles arnt slow necceserily but there is a quarter second lead you'll need to give to anything not running straihgt at you.  If your using this paired on the C-class Rockateer your missles are the alpha dmg while the eoc makes up the gaps in between.

Semi hard to use, heat cannon is ussaly favorable to more people but the eoc is a bit more forgiving with reload time and projectile spread.

Edited by MojoNixon, November 09 2012 - 04:38 AM.

#12 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:10 AM

While I haven't been using it, there was a game where I fought a Rocketeer repeatedly. And honestly, I could just charge through those red trails and shrug off any damage while I plug his bumhole with a nice dosage of flak and tow.

True I was a Brawler in close range, so logically I had the advantage and should win out. But I can't exactly do the same to other weapons so unscathed though.

#13 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:18 AM

It does need work. Even as a mine layer it's pretty ineffective since they just blow after a few seconds anyway. One thing I'd prefer would be to see the explosions on the mech if I get a direct hit. That would at least make it feel stronger.
Posted Image

#14 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:33 AM

Don't hate on the Canada Cannon! It does need some work, though. Note: I pretty much use the EOC exclusively, so I've got a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

The EOC's strength is its burst. A fully charged salvo does a fuzzy bunny tub of damage- more spike than any other primary, iirc. Due to the travel speed and the fact that the pucks fire in sequence (instead of all at once), it's quite difficult to reliably land all of the shots. In order to be effective with the weapon, you need to get really good at predicting peoples movements, and your mouse tracking skills need to be in good shape.

When firing, pretend that you're firing a short burst from an automatic weapon (since you pretty much are). You can't just lead + click like you can with the HEAT- you need to stay on target for the full duration of the salvo.

Even though the salvo isn't an instant shot, it's still fairly brief. Hide behind cover as you charge, then pop out and then let loose. You've gotta utilize that massive spike.

Avoid using the gun as a mine layer as much as possible. The pucks do a lot less damage when acting as proxy mines, so you should pretty much always go for the direct hits.

Btw, CB1 added recoil to he EOC, so aim a little low.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#15 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 06:55 AM

A full charge EOC does more damage than a full charge HEAT. As an offensive optimized rocketeer, it's possible to two shot base health, no defense mediums with a full EOC + hellfire missiles.

#16 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:06 AM

I've started maining rocketeer and I enjoy the heat cannon and the repeater.  Honestly, I can't decide which one I prefer more.  Like the posters above me said, the repeater does more damage fully charged if you hit with everything, but that's kind of rare, honestly.  At longer ranges, heat cannon is definitely better, but at close ranges I seem to do better with the repeater.  I think it could be buffed ever so slightly, but it's damn near close to where it should be, I think.
Maybe add a poll to see if people prefer the repeater or the heat cannon_

Edited by Timber_Wolf, November 09 2012 - 07:07 AM.

Chicks dig giant robots.

#17 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:17 AM

The repeater is rapetastic.

A fully charged hit does ridiculous amounts of damage if all of them hit. More powerful than a direct flak hit but at much longer ranges.

They seem to have hidden all the .inis from me so I don't know the exact numbers anymore. It was super high though.

#18 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted November 09 2012 - 07:41 AM

Last number I saw was 210. Don't remember where / when I saw that, though.

As for changes to the gun, I'd just like to get the projectile speed buffed, and the proxy mine damage brought up to the direct hit damage. Getting people to step on the mines is arguably harder than landing direct hits- there's no reason that the reward for the more difficult action to be less than that if the easier action. I wouldn't mind seeing the proxy timeout increased, either.
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#19 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted November 10 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think the damage output on it is fine, I would like to see it have a lower heat cost as it seems that just after 2-3 fully charged volleys I'm already in the red.

#20 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 11 2012 - 05:17 AM

Depending on how long it's charged, it can do anywhere from 3-6 shots. The shots do 15 of impact, and then 20 when they explode.

In terms of direct hits, the damage is anywhere from 105 (3 direct hits) to 210 (6 direct hits).
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users