HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Failed to Create D3D9 Device

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LordofNosgoth

LordofNosgoth

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:18 AM

This bug still exists for those of us running multi-monitor setups.

Before anyone hops in here and says something ignorant about an Eyefinity setup or Surround sight, allow me to be clear: Not everyone with multiple monitors has, needs or is using an Eyefinity or Surround Sight setup. Quite a few of us just have multiple monitors for (wait for it): Multi-tasking!

Unplugging any extraneous monitors corrects this, but I shouldn't have to unplug additional monitors from my video card(s) just to play this one game. A more permanent solution would be appreciated.

Edited by LordofNosgoth, November 09 2012 - 12:19 AM.

"There is no true genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; that is the definition of insanity." - Albert Einstein
"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." General George Patton
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Only two things are infinite: The universe and stupidity... and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

#2 FallguySoldier

FallguySoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 03:45 PM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the developer's intention to prevent gamers with multiple monitor setups from playing. It's most likely a bug that's crept up in the latest build. But yes, I do agree that the issue needs to be fixed. I'm having the same problem and I also have two monitors hooked up (not in Eyefinity mode).

#3 Zarni

Zarni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:42 PM

I also get this error,however there is a quick work around that doesn't involve unplugging the extra monitor.

To get the game to play I set windows to "Show desktop only on #" .
I get there in Win7 by right clicking on the desktop then selecting Screen Resolution

System is Win7 X64,16GB's ram,crossfire AMD 6870's,12.8 drivers

Edited by Zarni, November 13 2012 - 07:53 PM.

#4 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 02:24 PM

I run dual monitors with zero issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users