HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Information Database

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MajorAjer

MajorAjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:16 AM

I am craving for more info while playing this game. I currently am asking questions like I wonder what my primary weapons will be at level 20, what do certain items do, or what mechs carry what items. I really just wish I could open up some menu's while looking at a mech or its customizations. It seems like a leap of faith when buying a new mech because the buyer literally has no idea what they do, unless they played Alpha or Alpha 2.

I am simply suggesting a way you could mouseroll over primary weapons and it would show you what could be unlocked. I would love it even more if there was a testdrive option that allowed the player to grab any mech and do offline training (for free). If this mode did exsist it would be even more amazing if part of the training allowed the player to see how much damage they can deal with various weapon combinations. I imagine it like a shooting range.

EDIT: I also think that if there was a testdrive option, more people would opt to buy meteor points because they could look at the items and go "Wow, I can get really strong with this mech."  On a related note, currently no new player is likely to see a Point D Vulcan until they unlock. If this mode exsisted, new players would buy a mech with abstract weapons, possibly with meteor points.

Edited by MajorAjer, November 09 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#2 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:21 AM

i would love a mechpedia like dota 2's heropedia (http://www.dota2.com/heroes/)

click on a mech and get detailed stats on its weapons and customization's

Edited by Rooslin, November 09 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#3 MajorAjer

MajorAjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostRooslin, on November 09 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

i would love a mechpedia like dota 2's heropedia (http://www.dota2.com/heroes/)

click on a mech and get detailed stats on its weapons and customization's
There is one but its super lack luster. I was trying to figure out what the functional item of an energy canistor did, there was literally no mention of energy on the site.

EDIT: http://hawkenwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by MajorAjer, November 09 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:26 AM

And this would be why tutorial videos were posted to the CB news forum last closed beta test.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:30 AM

i think he means added to the client for when it goes open beta because right now you don't  get enough information about mechs before buying them

edit: if people knew the berserker gets the point D-Vulcan at level 20 they might have bought it instead of buying a different mech that they were ho hum on

Edited by Rooslin, November 09 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#6 MajorAjer

MajorAjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostElix, on November 09 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Those videos are pretty great. However, I still have no idea what the Sharpshooter will unlock at level 20 or what mechs have Point D vulcan.

EDIT: Rooslin is right I would enjoy it in game.

Edited by MajorAjer, November 09 2012 - 10:31 AM.

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:35 AM

I definitely agree; however, given that things change on a daily basis if they need to, it's a little too early to keep track of too much information. Plus, we'll need people to, you know... not play Hawken and write and format stuff on a wiki all weekend instead.

That could be a community project for after this current test ends while waiting for CBT3.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#8 MajorAjer

MajorAjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostElix, on November 09 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I definitely agree; however, given that things change on a daily basis if they need to, it's a little too early to keep track of too much information. Plus, we'll need people to, you know... not play Hawken and write and format stuff on a wiki all weekend instead.

That could be a community project for after this current test ends while waiting for CBT3.
Thats a great idea! I'm going to take notes when I play now. And yeah that totally makes sense, they probably wont add info options like that until the info is solid.

#9 ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 10:52 AM

Oooo i wanna help!

But yeah +1 for this.

I also believe this is incredibly important for monetization. It's important to be able to see the things you want to work/strive/grind for. It's also important for retention. People will come back if they know they're only half toward getting this new gun etc etc.

But yeah my guess is they don't have this yet because the progression path isn't fully defined yet. They could still practice with displaying the info though even if it's placeholder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users