HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Player Rudeness issues

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Koomoa

Koomoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:04 PM

Even in the beta I've seen some of the rudest people online. Game after game I see people who have played the first beta just completely over power and belittle other playiers. In some cases its just down right insane and I can't help but imagine the person flopping around in anger. I understand trolls and children are going to be on the game but to have it so bad in a beta can only kill the game when it launches. You should really set up a report fuction and have a STRICT ban policy on offenders like this. Let these 13 year olds lose an account or two and see if they keep acting like scum.

#2 MK501

MK501

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:14 PM

I'm probably very lucky then, so far I find this game - or its players - very decent...then again, I mute the in game voice chat ( as in every game ) since my friends and I use TS :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#3 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:24 PM

Take screenshots, report them on the forums or via support ticket, for now. Obviously, if people are using voice chat for their hateful trolling, you can't exactly screencap that, but you can still report it. TF2 added a "report player behaviour" button, so something of that nature might be worth considering, because there'll probably need to be at least some sort of way of reporting jerks without having to tab out and go to the forums to report someone.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#4 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:30 PM

I wasn't aware that rude players were a game bug. :lol:

However, an in-game reporting feature would probably be a good idea.

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:34 PM

View PostDM30, on November 09 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I wasn't aware that rude players were a game bug. :lol:
Summary: Some players are rude and say nasty, hurtful things in-game.
Steps to Reproduce: Get a better K/D ratio than them, steal their kills, have a worse K/D ratio than them, be on their team when the other team wins the match.
Frequency: 6/10
Severity: 4 ("You did what with my mother_")
Additional Notes: Not enough hugs as a child.

I couldn't help it. :lol:

Edited by Elix, November 09 2012 - 12:35 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 Furlock

Furlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 12:42 PM

I also don't think this belongs in the bug section.  A report feature is a fine idea for an addition.

Also, I typically rage and insult people when they ask what button to push to do something, when the game lets you view and change the controls.  I will never apologize for that.

#7 Koomoa

Koomoa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostFurlock, on November 09 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

I also don't think this belongs in the bug section.  A report feature is a fine idea for an addition.

Also, I typically rage and insult people when they ask what button to push to do something, when the game lets you view and change the controls.  I will never apologize for that.

Thats the stuff I'm talknig about. Just explain to them where the options menu is. You know how to rage out like a 12 year old. So they didn't know where to look, sorry that some how angers you.

#8 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted November 10 2012 - 12:24 PM

I guess i'll have to stop shouting "DEFEND THE AA, COWARDS, DEFEND IT! DAMN IT"

But seriously i have no problem with people raging in the chat, years of video game experience taught me to ignore them.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#9 Sparkard

Sparkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 01:50 PM

Voice-chat_ Never happened to me.
Chat_ I only rage when people don't read it, and not too much and it shouldn't bother them anyway :P .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users