HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech Descriptions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hitabowl

hitabowl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:09 PM

This is more of a beginner suggestion than a gameplay suggestion. I think it'd be beneficial for mechs to have a short description similar to those for Abilities and Weapons. So if you hover your mouse over a mechs name (similar to how Weapons are displayed) or if there's a text box beside the mechs name (similar to how Abilities are displayed) there would be a short description. It may include what range the mech is effective at, how it's armour stacks up to other classes, what sort of weapons and abilities the mech has, a suggested build and how mobile it is (yes I know you can mouse over Armour, Speed and Energy Capacity but this could combine those three into an easily readable description for someone new and once the game picks up it'd help distinguish between the different mechs) are some ideas. I believe from a marketing standpoint this could be beneficial to new mechs to help advertise what's different about them.

An example for Assault may be something like: An easily usable mech, good at all ranges with medium mobility and armour. Uses an assault rifle or submachine gun with a TOW Launcher to provide continuous damage and has the Weapons Coolant ability.

I think it'd also be nice to see what alternate primary you can obtain once you reach level 20. This would help players pick a mech for end game use.

#2 Rooslin

Rooslin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:12 PM

i like this idea better http://community.pla...ation-database/ and i think it would solve the problem you are talking about as well

#3 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 09 2012 - 02:47 PM

I think they've planned for that... they're just not in yet.

Edited by DarkPulse, November 09 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users