HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who are you and why are you so awesome_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 03:48 PM

Read: This thread has been closed. Please refer to the final post.

My fellow Hawkenites, this is a momentous occasion! This is a gathering of brilliant individuals who have all come together under common interests: Adhesive Games and their lovely brain-child Hawken. As a means of commencing the festivites, it is only fitting that we introduce ourselves. What sort of gaming persuasion do you hail from_ How excited are you for Hawken_ Are you one of the many who have already chanted the resounding mantra: "Take my money!" to Adhesive Games_ Enlighten us!

I'll start. My name's Lavalamp1138, you can call me Lava (or "expelled molten rock" if you are so inclined). I am a gamer of the highest order of gamingness. I indulge in all genres under the sun. From the deep and expansive titles like Dragon Age, the Elder Scrolls, and Shin Megami Tensei, to the light and crisp indies such as Machinarium. I'm going through my post-mmo years (unless Guild Wars 2 sucks me in) by investing a lot into consoles and small projects on the PC. I take pride in my desire to explore games from cultures the world over, and I'm always up for something new. Oh, and I love Mech games. You put one in front of me and it's on like Donkey Kong.

Now who wants to strut their stuff_ Come on down!

#2 Scrizati

Scrizati

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted April 19 2011 - 04:26 PM

Me...a..a..hawkenite_ Heh, alright I'll take a stab. Quick background is that I am quite the geek when it comes to technology and am interested in a very wide variety of things.

What sort of gaming persuasion do you hail from_
I've dabbled in all sorts throughout my time, I have the A to Z of genres and titles covered on almost all platforms. PlayStation used to be my main focus then I shifted to PC many many years back and haven't really looked back since, although I can be found trying games on most consoles if I like the look of them.

How excited are you for Hawken_
In one word, very. From the gameplay to the art, the developers attitudes to the aspiring indie style they are going for it is all looking like it could really come together to be a game I spend many an hour playing and hopefully interacting with the community too.

Are you one of the many who has already chanted the resounding mantra: "Take my money!" to Adhesive Games_
Yes :lol:

You will (perhaps unfortunately_ :_) see me lurking around these forums quite a bit in the coming months.
"Trying to slow down a mech with a tank isn't something I'd volunteer for." - Jen McQuarrie

#3 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 05:03 PM

Well, let's have a go at this then.

I am Dem, short for Demesthones, which was taken from the Enderverse by Orson Scott Card, still my favorite books.  I've been playing video games since I was like eight, the first probably being PaintBrawl 4, still love that game haha.  I've played mostly every type of game that I can think of, and mainly play on the 360, though I do drop in on the pc often to keep up with my Minecraft stuff hehe.  I would play more on the pc, but unfortunately, my computer sucks... majorly xD
I am definitely looking forward to Hawken, it seems to be one of the most promising games that I have seen in a looong time.  Like you Lava, I completely adore mech games, and pretty much anything to do with mechs I suppose.  MechAssault was the first mech game I played, followed by the sequel, and then the mmo um... Zero Online by TQ I think_  Then Chromehounds is the most recent mech game I've played, unfortunately it was after the servers were shut down so I missed most of the good stuff, but it was $5 at Gamestop so it was still worth it ;)
RPG's are probably my favorite type of game, with Dragon Age (Origins, Awakening, and 2) and Oblivion being my favorite ones recently.  I also love strategy games of all types, real time, turn based, whatever.  
That's pretty much it for me :D

#4 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 05:12 PM

I was the first one to yell at them to take my money ;)

Hi guys I'm Venatio, my real name is Tony. I used to work at a video game company on a small F2P MMO but I got laid off eventually as our business declined. Now I'm just a regular programmer working on various hardware.

As far as gaming goes, I like everything. Competitive FPS or fighters to the casual. I have all the consoles. I love multiplayer gaming along with single player campaigns. I love it all! I've been playing a lot of Marvel vs Capcom 3, trying to get into Super Street Fighter IV as well. Just got Portal 2 after following the ARG pretty closely at the end there. I dig Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2 as well. And I can't wait for Gears of War 3!

I prefer PC gaming in most cases since I usually prefer to use my mouse and keyboard. Starcraft 2 anyone_ Depends on the genre though. I've also been playing Super Meat Boy but I use my Xbox controller on my PC for that.

I'm a computer and gadget geek as well, and I love paintball and motorcycles.

#5 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 06:46 PM

Just call me Provi. The same guy that moderates for Battlefield Heroes.

What sort of gaming persuasion do you hail from_
I started out with strategy games like Age of Empires II to RPGs such as the Elder Scrolls series. More recently I joined the FPS bandwagon with Half Life, Unreal, and of course the Battlefield series.

How excited are you for Hawken_
It's number 1 on my wait list!

I have never seen an indie game quite like this. Hawken is capable of greatly effecting the industry and Adhesive could go on to become a big name developer like Bungie. We are on the doorstep of history!

Are you one of the many who has already chanted the resounding mantra: "Take my money!" to Adhesive Games_
Yip. :)

#6 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hey Fellas just sayin hi, also wanna point out if i could describe the exact game i feel like playing at the moment then i would describe Hawken so yeah cant wait to get my hands on this beauty for PC and XBOX360.

P.s my name is a play on word with the singer Aretha Franklin, i thought it sounded funny you probs wont though.

P.P.s Im awesome because my mum said so
Posted Image

#7 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 07:19 PM

wats a urethra

#8 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 07:53 PM

Zero here. And you've got now time left to live >:)

Just kidding. Anyway, I've had an interesting background, I'm currently enrolled in a public high school (eww, I know, don't worry, got into a nice private one and will be going next school year). Currently I'm taking a graphics design class so feel free to hit me up if you need an avatar/signature. I also have experience with phpBB forums. So if you want to know stuff like how to center your text, link and image (post an image n general if necessary), or anything else that you might want to know, feel free to ask.

How did I learn about Hawken_
- Inside Gaming, a must watch for gamers.

Current education level_
- Attended an international school for the past 9 years, and as previously stated, will be attending a private school in the near future.

Hobbies and interests_
- Drawing, working with graphics design, making games (video games, hope to actually get a job in the industry), creating elaborate and enjoyable stories and plots.

Where do you live_
- Monterey County, California.

Also, Venatio, either you're trolling or have yet to attend 5th-7th grade. No offense was intended.

#9 Zomnivore

Zomnivore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hi, saw the game on pcgamer and jizzed, in fact I jizzed so hard I had to email the devs and tell them that I had jizzed(or rather my eyes).

I've played p.c. shooters mostly tribes, rainbow six, mech warrior, good stuff.

Hope this game gets a p.c. release would love to see this on steam and using steamworks.

#10 zuriku

zuriku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 19 2011 - 11:41 PM

I AM ZURIKU- I make stuff and look to become a future hawken pilot.

http://monkeysketch.tumblr.com/
There is where i post my art and that is all you need to know.
;)

#11 Onyx1

Onyx1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hello my friends.

I want bore you all with my epic tales of triumph over evil or about the time I wrestled a 800 pound grizzly bear and won, I just want to keep my introduction short. When I'm not saving the world, I like to play BC2. However, Hawken looks like it might just have takes to drag me away from it.

I'd love to write more, but I've really gotta get back to working on a cure for cancer and then I've gotta go feed the homeless.

Onyx.

#12 VenatioDecorus

VenatioDecorus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 07:43 AM

Zero said:

Also, Venatio, either you're trolling or have yet to attend 5th-7th grade. No offense was intended.

:)

#13 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted April 20 2011 - 04:50 PM

Well it's a pleasure to meet you all. So allow me take a quick inventory.

1) You guys didn't let me down on the mantra. :lol:  
2) We're all very excited for Hawken: no-brainer. :D
3) We've got gamers who come from all walks of life, and a good number of you are following your passion for gaming at a professional level.  8-)

This is great! Keep 'em coming!

#14 IV Lucidity

IV Lucidity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'm awesome simply beacause. Good to see these forums are up n' running now.
I come from The Flood.

#15 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 21 2011 - 04:33 PM

*stands up*

My name is Dahdah325.

room says, *Hello, Dahdah325*

Its been 473 days since I played Chromehounds.

*clapping*

:D Seriously, tho, I'm Dahdah325, real name Tom, a refractory ceramic engineer in real life (kudos if anyone knows what that is), and recovering CH addict. And just when the therapy has started to take effect, one of my ex-CH squadmates sends me this little vid clip of a coming XBL game called Hawken, and off the wagon I go. Or will as soon its released, lol.

edit: I almost forgot: Screw you Sega, for shutting down the HC server! Now I feel better.

#16 EJRaven1

EJRaven1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 04:59 PM

My name is EJ and if you have been around the Mecha genre you may recognize my name. I have managed the largest Armored Core community for over 9 years, I have worked with Ubisoft, Sega and other large video game distributors and forged business relationships with Mech related game developers.

I'm starting a network fully dedicated to Mecha. As soon as I heard about this game I couldn't wait to jump into it.

I look forward to making a business connection with the developing team and helping make this time a successful title.

Best regards,

EJ,

Mecha Networks LLC

#17 HedonisticRush

HedonisticRush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 08:43 PM

@Dahdah325, what squad/GT_

I saw cannons (cannon hounds!) in the video promo. Limb damage would be great. A lot of potential here.

#18 TonyTone

TonyTone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 21 2011 - 10:24 PM

I am TonyTone, and I love badass indie games. I was a fan of the armored core series on PlayStation, and the Mech Warrior series on PC. I can't wait for a playable release of this game.

#19 treysmith01

treysmith01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 01:04 AM

im smart..that's why i'm awesome. lol!

Get Rich Quick|Trey Smith|| best iphone games |  best iphone music games

#20 Dahdah

Dahdah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Smokies

Posted April 22 2011 - 06:58 AM

HedonisticRush said:

@Dahdah325, what squad/GT_

I saw cannons (cannon hounds!) in the video promo. Limb damage would be great. A lot of potential here.

Lol, I heard/saw that first cannon shot on the vids, and started looking around for my checkbook.  :lol:  

I was in a bunch of squads over the years, mostly smaller squads. I was SQL of Old Folks, mostly a recruiting squad, from war 90-97. Last squad was Neuterd Special, mostly bunch of ex-Reloads, and few second accts. I bought the game at launch, but for whatever reason, didn't really get into it until around war 35 or so, right near the end of the DD era. How about you_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users